Chapter 14 (allergies & best friends)

>Amber's POV<

I woke up early, not feeling well, so I laid back down and went to sleep.
Sometimes, I wake up before my alarm, but today, I slept way past.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." A soft voice whispered me.

"Hey." I said back half asleep.

"You plan on getting up today?" Tara said as she stroked my hair.

"Not really." I mumbled into the pillow.

"Why?"

I didn't wanna say it. Whenever I don't feel good, Tara is worse than my mom in the means of hovering.

"Nothing, I'm just tired." I said.

She leaned over me, examining my face carefully.

"Your little nose is red." She said poking it.

"It's fine."

"No, I'm gonna get you some allergy medicine." She replied and walked to our bathroom.

"Shit." I whispered.

I put the cover on top of my head and wrapped myself in it before getting the remote and finding a good channel.

Tara came out moments later.

"Do you know what happened to the allergy pills?" She asked me.

"I think Anika needed the last of them." I replied.

"I'm going to the store." She said.

"I'll be fine. You don't have to."

"You'll be fine faster once you have medicine." She said, already getting dressed.

>Tara's POV<

"Alright, do you need anything? Orange Juice, maybe?" I asked Amber.

"I'll call Sam if I need anything." She replied.

"Okay, love you." I said.

"Love you too." I heard her say as I walked down the stairs.

"Where you going little one?" I heard Sam Say as I finished descending the stairs.

"To the store. Amber's allergies are acting up again." I replied.

"Want me to come with?" Sam said.

"No, it's ok, just stay here and make sure Amber is ok, please." I said.

"I'll go with her." Chad said.

"Thank you." I heard Sam whisper.

He nodded and walked to the door with me.

We got in the car and made it to a dollar store down the street.

"Allergies got Amber too, huh?" Chad said.

"We happened to run out of medicine at the perfect time." I responded.

"I think Anika used the last of it." He said.

We walked into the store to see there weren't too many customers. It was raining today, after all. People didn't wanna be out.

"Where's the medicine again?" I asked.

"I think it's in the back, cmon." Chad said as he led the way.

I followed him past the makeup aisle before we took a left turn and kept walking til we made it.

"Rightttt here." Chad said, pointing.

"Thanks." I said, analyzing the shelf for the product I was looking for.

"No problem, if you need me, I'm in the food section over there." He pointed.

"Alright." I smiled.

Took a minute, but I eventually found what I was looking for.

After getting the medicine, I began to text Amber.

I got everything and then checked out and went to the car as Chad followed

We got in the car and made sure the bags of stuff we bought were in place.

"You wanna get anything to eat while we're out?" Chad asked.

"I could really go for a burrito right now." I said.

"Alright then, we'll stop at Tony's." Chad said, pulling off.

We made it to the drive thru, and he ordered our food. There was quite a line, so we had a little wait ahead of us.

I switched the radio station and decided to do some karaoke.

Chad joined me in singing, and we passed the time as we got closer to the window.

We finally got our food, and I began eating mine as we headed back home.

"Ya know, I never really noticed how much we haven't spent one on one time together recently." Chad said while driving.

"Yeaaa, I miss you buying me burritos." I replied.

He laughed at my response, amused.

"And I miss you." I said, nudging him as we sat at the red light.

"One of the last times we really had fun together was at that party." Chad said.

"Yeah, until you almost killed that guy." I joked.

"He was a dick, I wasn't gonna let him hurt you. I know what he was trying to do. It's sick that people think that way." Chad said.

"I know, thank you, again for being ready to throw a punch for me or a lawn mower." I said, looking at him.

"It's what I do." He winked and laughed again.

The light turned green, and we pulled off continuing our journey home and having hilarious conversations on the way.