Chapter 28 (happy holidays)

>Tara's POV<

We finished putting holiday decorations up two weeks into December. Things got really busy for all of us.

Mindy and Anika joined an art club to my surprise, and they made some pretty cool friends. Chad became one of the team captains of our college football team. Liv was doing theater. Her plays were so fun to watch. Me and Amber have made up a little book club for ourselves, right now we're reading "firelight". Sam and Danny have started training for electrical work to pull in more cash.

I guess that's the recap so far.

Today was the night before Christmas Eve, and we were just walking out of the theater Liv was performing in. The play was like a live action grinch show.

Liv got to play Martha May. She was so excited when she got the part.

We waited in the lobby for her to come out changed. Tonight, we were gonna celebrate with a little dinner.

"I can't wait for her next play." Anika squealed.

"I hope it's Romeo and Juliet." I said.

"We just read that, too." Amber put her arm around me.

"Juliet and Julie." Mindy wiggled her finger at us, and we laughed.

"Sun's gonna rise before they release those kids." Danny joked.

"And then set." Chad added.

Liv came out as we were laughing amongst ourselves.

"I hope you guys aren't laughing at me." She said playfully.

"Noo, no, you were great!" Amber exclaimed.

"Thanksss. I just wanted to bother everyone." She giggled and hugged everyone.

We all gave her some flowers before heading to the car.

"Got yourself a garden." Sam said.

"Thank you guys." Liv squealed.

"You're very welcome." I replied.

We ate at a nice little Italian restaurant that night and went home to have a few drinks afterward.

>Christmas eve-(night time)<

>Amber's POV<

"Alright, so are we watching Elf or Home alone?" Chad asked.

"Home alone, obviously." Mindy replied sarcastically.

"Some people like elf." Chad shrugged, turning on home alone.

"We are not some people." Mindy winked.

We all had on Christmas pajamas, and most of us were already in the living room.

Tara and I made gingerbread for everyone and brought trays of hot chocolate to the living room.

"Hot chocolate cheers?" Mindy suggested.

"To our very first Christmas all together." I said.

"To our very first Christmas all together." Everyone raised their cups and took a sip.

"We should watch the spongebob Christmas special next." Tara said.

"Culture." Chad pointed.

We watched a lot of movies as the night passed. There's been a lot of trying to feel normal, but tonight was different. We did feel normal, and it came naturally.

I looked around as everyone talked about who knows what. Laughing and play fighting, even Sam, who was always on edge, was glowing.

There's a certain magic to Christmas, even if it's not Santa.