Chapter 2 (Bowling)

>Tara's POV<

"Are you ready?" I asked Amber.

"Yesssuhhh." She said.

"Don't be sassy." I replied.

"I'm nawt." She frowned.

"Yes, you are." I said and grabbed her hand. "Come on, Mindy's driving."

"I'm gonna bring my water." She said.

"Yeah, maybe you need a little more of that." I laughed.

We finally made it to the car as Amber and I got in the backseat.

"Can I get on AUX?" Anika asked from the passenger seat.

"Have at it." Mindy said, paying attention to the road.

Music pop started playing. I looked over at Amber to see her looking out the window, I wondered what she was thinking about.

"You guyss this is our first regular night out since everything." Anika said.

"Yeah, our first night out, and the setting doesn't consist of a hospital." Mindy added.

"So let's have funnn." Anika said.

Anika started playing her Lady Gaga Playlist, and that woke everyone up. We did car karaoke til we made it to the bowling alley and got our lane.

"So how we doin this?" Anika asked.

"We should do one on one vs. each other." I said.

"You two first." Amber said. "I'm gonna go get the pizza."

"That's literally all she's been thinking about the whole ride, I bet." Mindy laughed, and her and Anika began bowling.

I watched Mindy and Anika Bowl for some time. Mindy had the leading score.

"You're cheatingggg." Anika pouted.

"How am I cheating?" Mindy laughed and held Anika's face.

"Because you won't let me win." Anika pouted again.

"If I win anything, you win with me, baby." Mindy said playfully.

I smiled at their happiness and then turned my attention to Amber, who was waiting on our pizzas.

She was sitting at the table gazing to the left. It reminded me of how she was acting in the car.

Amber is very stubborn sometimes and keeps some of her emotions to herself, but I can always tell when something isn't right with her.

I walked over to her table and sat next to her.

"What's wrong, baby?" I said in a low voice, putting my hand on hers.

She turned her head to me.

"Oh, nothing, im just hungry." She said, then laughed.

"Amber." I said in a stern voice.

She looked at me again, knowing I didn't believe her.

"We tell each other everything. We know each other well. You can fool anybody else, but you can't fool me. I know when something is wrong. Tell me." I explained.

She looked down a moment. "It just, um... scary, you know? Being in public again." She said in a shaky voice.

"Well... if you're not ready, we can go home." I said in a soft voice.

"No, no, I just - I need this. I need to be out. I need to adapt. It's just taking a moment. Plus, we already paid for everything... maybe once I get this pizza, I'll be more of a party girl." She laughed.

This time, I could tell the laugh was genuine, so I relaxed.

"Ok, well, if you're ever uncomfortable, or you want to go home, tell me." I said.

"We can't go home yet." She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I still have to kick your ass in bowling." She smirked.

"Ugh! Well!" I exclaimed dramatically, getting up from the table.

She laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me down to her.

"Give me a kiss." She demanded.

We kissed for a moment before our pizzas were finally ready and went back to Mindy and Anika.

"We're gonna eat some, then start the game." Amber said.

"Ouu the garlic." Anika said.

"The garlic crust." Amber said, almost melting into her chair.

"So fat." I joked.

"No, I'm not... see." She revealed her flat belly, and I tickled her.

"Don't do that." She chuckled.

Amber and I finished up before doing our game, and yes. She beat me. I was happy, though. I wanted something in this night to bring her joy.

After bowling, we got some tokens and went to the game room. I had enough tickets to get a giant giraffe plush.

"Here." I said, handing it to Amber.

"For meee?" She sang.

"I won it for you." I smiled.

"Thank youuu."

"You can watch your creepy shows with it." I joked.

She laughed and wrapped her arm around me. After the game room, we stopped at a clothing store and bought a few things.

"Do you think this would fit me?" I asked.

"That specific shirt branddd." Amber said, taking the shirt and examining it.

"It's a small." I said.

"Maybe an extra small. You're very little. Try this one." She said, handing me the top.

The shirt had Marilyn Monroe on it, and it was black and fitted. The extra small was needed.

"Ouuu, sexyyy." Amber danced.

"You're only saying that because it's a black shirt." I turned to her.

"I'm saying that because you're sexy in general." She winked.

"No being gay in the stores. Over." Mindy said in her hands, pretending to have a walkie-talkie.

We laughed a bit before Anika made us laugh more.

"This is why we don't let queers in the store." Anika mocked in a country accent.

"It's the country accent in the north, thoughhh." Mindy laughed.

We shopped some more, joked some more, and we bought some really cute rainbow stickers that Anika wanted.

"I really love these." Anika jumped excitedly. "Put them on." She instructed.

We alla put a rainbow on each cheek and then took some group pictures.

"We better hurry to the house before Sam whoops us all." Mindy laughed.

We headed to the car with our things, and yes... sang karaoke on the way home.