Chapter 12

>Amber's POV<

After classes, the group went out for slushies. Danny went with them, but Me, Tara, and Sam went home.

Sam was wiped after her shift, so she passed out on the couch, and Tara went to go shower.

I was sitting on the bed petting scooby when my phone started ringing.

It's probably funny, but I still jump at that.

It was just my mom, though.

"Hey, Mommy." I said into the phone.

"Hii, I was calling to check on you, assuming classes are done." My mom said.

"Yes, classes are done. I made it home, just tired." I said.

"You're not home alone, are you?" My mom pressed in a worried tone.

"No, but even if I was, I'd be fine, mom." I said.

Tara walked out of the bathroom in her robe, preparing to get dressed.

"I just want to make sure, ya know, I worry."

"Yeah, we all do." I replied.

"How's Tara doing?"

"To my knowledge, she's great." I said, looking at Tara as she dressed.

"That's good. How's therapy treating you?"

"It's great, mom." I said.

"You sure? If it's not working, I can get you a new one."

"Mom, I promise it's fine." I said.

"Ok, if you say so. I don't wanna talk a hole in your head. I love you, baby." My mom said.

"I love you too, Mama." I said before hanging up.

"I wish my mom worried like that." Tara said, plopping on the bed.

"Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes, it feels like an interrogation. I can tell that she loves me, though." I said.

"She's definitely a hover mom." Tara laughed.

"Yeah, a bit."

"She's not like Sam, though." Tara smiled.

"Sam loves youu." I said.

"Yeah, I know. I also know that I need her, regardless of what I think or how mad I get, I need to remember that." Tara said.

"She did follow you to New York, but we'd be so fucked if she didn't." I said.

"And I keep that in mind." Tara nodded.

"Mindy was wondering how many of us wanted to stay here after our college graduations." I said.

"Hey, I'm down. Not in any rush to get away from here, I swear it." Tara said.

"I mean, this is kinda the perfect house." I said, nodding.

"The walls are thick, which is good for a house of couples." Tara said, giggling.

"That was very dirty of you." I said, staring her down as she kept laughing.

"Sorry, I just thought it was a good punchline." She said, leaning down in my lap, cracking up.

"You haven't heard anything yet?" I said.

"The straight couples must be good at being discrete." Tara whispered with her pointer finger on her lips.

"You're such a funny little person." I said.

We turned to the door hearing some pots and pans clinking in the kitchen downstairs.

"Sams up. I'm gonna beg her to make chicken stew." Tara said.

"I think she'd be more willing if you helped her." I said.

"Yeahhh, probablyyy." Tara whined.

"Go help silly."

"Fine, but we might need you to run to the store for more chicken." Tara said.

"Just text me what chicken to get if you need it." I said.

"Roger that." Tara said while heading out of the door.

I watched about 5 minutes of my show before my phone beeped again. This time, it was Tara

I got up and headed to my car

I got up and headed to my car.  The grocery store was only a ten minute drive away from here so getting there didn't take long.

I got in the store and followed Tara's directions.

"The back of the store." I whispered to myself.

In truth, I hated shopping for Tara when it came to food. Always nervous I'd get the wrong thing, she's very specific.

I got the chicken she asked for, thankfully they were heavily stocked, so you really couldn't miss it. I bought myself some candy and after checking out and went back to my car.