Chapter 17 (deep conversation)

[I have had THEE WORST case of writers block. I decided this chapters end and the next chapter would juice things up. Also wanted to add more Tamber convo. You all will always have the floor for ideas<3]

>Tara's POV<

I woke up to the sound of rain outside.
Amber's arm was around me, so I carefully leaned to the nightstand to see what time it was.

4am. Wonderful.

"Storm woke you up too?" Amber mumbled.

"You scared me, I didn't mean to wake you." I said.

She giggled a bit before replying, "I was already up, just trying to sleep."

I turned to face her and cuddled her. It was slightly cold, but I just like to.

"Oh, ok."

"You think you'll be able to fall asleep again? It's crazy early in the morning." Amber said.

"Hopefully, yes."

"I have an idea." She said and sat up to grab her phone.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

"Sometimes back home, I would have trouble sleeping. To help, I made a sleep playlist. Do you like the sound light instrumentals?" She replied.

"Yes, that sounds good." I said.

"It sure helped me, I was scared to take melatonin. Also, I try to lay in a comfortable position and relax all my muscles."

"I should try that then." I said.

"This is kinda reminding me of high school. Sometimes, I'd sleep over, and we'd have our midnight talks about random things." Amber said.

"Remember that week sophomore year when Chad got into 3 fights in a week. We had a lot to talk about that night." I said.

"All the fights were justified. Don't know why anybody would test his patience." Amber replied.

"I remember the first time Mindy cut her hair because the dye didn't work out." I said.

"Aw, I felt so bad. She was crying her eyes out." Amber said.

"But I'm very good with hair, I'm just glad I was able to help before she did anything to completely mess it up." I said.

"Yeah, also, I hate seeing Mindy cry. It makes me cry." Amber said.

"She's such a happy person. It comes as a shock to see her upset I guess." I said

"I remember my first fight, now that I think about it."

"Ouuuu." I sang.

"It was small, but I got my hair pulled in 7th grade by a girl who thought I liked her boyfriend." Amber explained.

"I must not have been there." I said.

"Glad you weren't, I was suspended for a week because I pulled her hair out and busted her lips."

"You're so strong." I said poking her nose.

She laughed in response.

"I think I definitely remember you not being there for a week. We sat together in every class. I was so upset." I smiled, shaking my head.

"Luckily, she got suspended too, cuz if not, I wouldn't have come back." Amber said.

"We're early morning talking again." I said.

"I love this."

"Me too...and since we are...I wanted to tell you something, sort of embarrassing." I said.