Chapter 15 (dinner, doctoring, and video games)

[Author: Thank you for 1.2k reads, love ya'll💕🫧]

>Tara's POV<

I threw away my burrito trash and went into the kitchen to make Amber's dinner.

"Hey." I heard Sam say as she looked in the refrigerator.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked, getting the soup can out.

"Cuz I know what your little feet sound like on the floor." She responded, bringing out a pitcher of juice.

"Are you making Chilaquiles?" I asked.

"¡Sí! correcto eres amor." Sam smirked.

"One of my favorites, I miss your cooking." I said.

"Well, I thought that our little nurse would like a nice meal. It's gonna take a while, though. I'm waiting on Uber eats to bring my damn groceries." Sam said, throwing her hands up.

"I could've got some stuff while Chad and I were out." I replied as I put Amber's dinner on a tray.

"You have enough on your plate today. Besides, by the time I got the idea, you guys were probably heading home." She said.

"You want me to help pay for the groceries?" I asked.

"It's alright, I got it." Danny said, coming into the kitchen.

He poured himself some bourbon before kissing Sam's forhead.

"Next time I cook for everyone then." I smiled.

"Oo, could you make your famous tamales?" Danny suggested raising his cup.

"It settled then." I said back. "Tamales on Friday."

"Yessss." Sam danced.

"Are they that good?" I asked, flattered.

"Yes." They replied in unison.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and Sam looked at her phone.

"My groceries are on the porch." She said.

Danny followed her to the door. Safety precautions.

I took Amber's food and made my way up the stairs. Her soup had cooled down a bit so she could eat it right away.

I walked into the room, and Amber was laying in the bed on her side, staring straight at the TV with her covers on.

I could hear distinct laughter from the other room. Liv, Mindy, and Anika did mention they'd be watching movies, probably what they were laughing at.

I set the tray on the bed carefully.

"Hiii, I'm here to give you your medicines." I said.

She sat up carefully. Her nose was still red, and she looked really tired.

"You ok?" I said as I gave her medicine.

She took it before responding, "I kinda have a headache."

"I have medicine for that, I'll get it. Are you hungry? I made you dinner." I said, putting the tray in front of her.

"It looks so good, thank you." She said with a tired smile.

"That's soup, golden crackers, some tea with lemon, orange juice, and some fruits on the side in case you want that." I said.

"Thank you for taking care of me. You're so sweet." Amber said.

I leaned over and hugged her gently before kissing her cheek.

"I'm gonna go get that ibuprofen and some nose spray and eye drops out of the bathroom, ok?" I said and caressed her cheek.

"Okay." She smiled again before eating.