Chapter 16 (A baker, a cook, a lover)

>Tara's POV<

It had been three days since Amber was last sick. She's been doing better lately and would pick me up from work today.

I worked at a bakery down the street from our house, and I was finishing icing a few cupcakes.

"Tara, you can take that batch of chocolate ones home if you want." Sadie said.

My boss. Probably the nicest boss anybody can have. She was at least mid thirties, with nice skin, red hair, and perfect teeth. Her cheery attitude definitely screamed 'baker lady'.

"Thanks, my brother loves chocolate." I replied.

"Just turn that knob off right there for me, please, and then you can go home. Thank you for your hard work today hun!" She said and then skipped to the back.

I turned the know off and decided I'd sweep some of the sprinkles off the floor before I left.

Amber was out in the car waiting for me.

"Hey, baker lady." She winked.

"Hi love." I laughed before kissing her cheek.

"You have any sweet treats for me today?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"If you like chocolate cupcakes." I said, waving one.

"I doooo." She said, taking it. "Thank you, baker lady."

"You're welcome, hungry lady." I replied.

We pulled off from the bakery, getting close to the house.

"Is everybody home?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. Sam and Danny got off work earlier. Anika and Mindy should be home by now. Liv and Chad never left out so."

"Oh, they had some time alone, I see." I said.

"Leave them alone." Amber laughed.

"Veryyy sneaky." I said.

She laughed again as she pulled into our garage and closed it before we went inside.

Sam and Danny were at the table playing cards. Mindy was sweeping the hallway, Anika was watching TV with Liv and Chad. The walking dead. I'd never watched it.

"Honeys, I'm home!" I sang.

"Heyyy Tara!" Everyone replied.

"And I'm making Tamales tonight." I said.

Danny saluted me, making me laugh, and i did the same back.

"Lemme help you put your stuff away, baker lady." Amber said as we went upstairs.

I changed into some soft black legging bell bottoms and the matching black shirt before putting on my chef apron.

"Ooo, Chef on duty." Amber said, sitting on the beds edge.

"Chef on duty." I sang.

"Sexy chef." She whispered mischievously.

"I heard that, you." I said.

"Sexy chefff!" She sang.

"Shhh your face." I said and kissed her cheek.

"Yes ma'am." She replied sitting up straight.

"Goofball." I hugged her and went for the door to go downstairs.

"I'm coming too." She said following.

"Chefs little helper?" I said, going down the stairs.

"Yesss." She replied.

After a while, I finished up dinner, and I had made a lot so everyone could go back for seconds and thirds.

Just as I thought, they did.

"This needs to be a tradition." Mindy said, finishing her last serving.

"How often you tryna have me cook this?" I asked.

"Every other Friday, maybe." Mindy said in a low voice.

I laughed before Liv said. "Every OTHER Friday is honestly generous."

"You guys are getting spoiled." I said with a smile.

"Or you're just a great cook." Chad said, chewing.

"Well, thank you, Chad." I replied.

"I also have cupcakes." I added, setting them on the counter. "Help yourselves."

I took my apron off and went upstairs to put it away.

>smut-ish warning🫣<

I heard movement coming up the stairs and seconds later Amber came in the room in her shorts and T shirt with a tired look.

"Callin it a night?" I asked.

"Yeaaa. You don't have to stay up here holed up with me, though." She said.

She laid on her stomach on our bed with her arms and head on a pillow, closing her eyes.

I took off my shirt and my pants, got in bed, and laid on her back.

"Fortunately for me, there's no place I'd rather be than here. Right now." I whispered.

I kissed her ear, and she giggled.

"That tickled." She mumbled.

I got up so she could turn over and see me.

"I love you tiny." She smiled.

"I love you forever, plus 1." I said.

I played with a curl loose from her bun before kissing her once.

"Lemme do something before you call it a night." I suggested.

"Like what?" She whispered.

But she knew the answer.

I brought my hand down her belly some inching it down the center of her thighs and caressed her softly.

She let out soft crooning sounds into my ear. I turned to her, smiling at her reaction.

After a minute, I put two fingers in and picked up the pace each time my fingers entered.

She put her face in my neck; I could see her blushing deeply, and she held onto me tightly until I stopped when she was done.

I caressed it a bit more. causing her to twitch slightly and making me laugh hard.

"You're the devil in disguise." She breathed.

"No, I just love you." I smirked.

"You torture me." She said breathlessly.

"But it's love torture." I frowned innocently.

"I love it." She whispered, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ooooooo." I sang.

She laughed before returning to hugging me.

We kissed deeply for a while, just enjoying each other and cuddling until we eventually fell asleep.