Chapter 5 (Scooby returns)

>Tara's POV<

Today, we were finally able to get scooby out here since we had a house and owned the property. Sam and Danny went to go pick him up earlier, and when they came back, everyone got to greet scooby.

He was still smallish since the last time I'd seen him, but he was potty trained and very obedient, a lot more so since Woodsboro.

"Hi boy." I said, petting him as he leaned his head onto my lap.

"He's a good dog Tara, you're gonna have him spoiled rotten." Liv joked.

"Of course I am, I'm his mommy." I said, lifting him onto my lap.

He relaxed in my arms and closed his eyes. He'd had a long morning, only normal he'd be tired.

Liv laughed before saying. "I think we need to find a store that sells the food and treats he's been eating, though."

"You think they have some out here?" I asked.

"They better. Because we don't know what else he can eat without shitting himself in the house badly." Amber said, sitting down next to me.

"Nice visual." I said sarcastically, turning my head to her.

"Yeah. She's right, though. Not all dogs can handle random different foods. Could possibly cause diarrhea." Liv explained.

"Which Chad will be cleaning up." Mindy said from the other love seat.

Anika laughed in response next to her.

"Now why am I the janitor?" Chad said.

"You and Danny can take turns." Sam smiled, placing a tray of drinks in the center table and taking a seat in the couch chair.

Chad and Danny exchanged looks and shook their heads.

"The mennn have to do mennn things." Amber said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah, and what do the girls do?" Chad said.

"We spoil and feed the dog." I responded.

"And there's vet appointments." Liv added.

"Whatever." Chad said and took a drink off of the tray laughing.

"Who wants to take scooby to the dog park later?" I asked.

"I'll come." Sam said.

"Meee toooo." Said Liv.

"Me three." Amber wiggled her fingers.

"Him needs exercise." I said, looking at scooby and petting his head.

"He's a relatively quiet dog." Anika said.

"He almost never barks according to my parents. Only when he believes there's danger." Amber said.

"I like a quiet dog." Mindy said, nodding.

"For now, I'm gonna take a nap with him." I said.

I put him at the end of a pillow and laid my head near him. I was tired as well. I definitely needed energy if I was gonna chase him around a park.

>later on<

Sam drove while Amber was riding passenger, and Liv and I took the back seat with scooby.

"Are you ready for the dog park?" Liv said, petting him as he put his head out of the window.

"I think he likes car rides." I laughed.

"He better not shit in my car." Sam said laughing.

"Still calling Danny and Chad to clean that." Amber said, relaxing with her feet on the dashboard.

Scooby switched windows and walked over me to look out of mine.

"Think there's enough ice to keep our Popsicles frozen in the cooler?" Liv asked.

"Well, Danny brought like a shit ton of ice, so we should be good." Amber said, flicking her ashes out of the window.

"I thought you quit." I told Amber squinting.

"One every now and then never killed anybody. I don't smoke every day or week." Amber said.

It was true. I couldn't say she was addicted because she'd start and stop when she wanted to.

She passed one to Sam, which came without shock. I knew Sam smoked.

We finally pulled up to the park, and Liv grabbed scoobys leash to lead him out of the car.

It was a hot day, so we all wore jeans and white tanks.

"I'll get the cooler." Sam said.

"Alright, muscle girlll." Amber said.

She held my hand and led me to our little spot where the table was.

Sam brought over the cooler, and we got some drinks out, so we'd have something to drink on a break.

"You remember how much beer we drank on vacation before moving here?" Amber asked.

"A bit too much, but it made everything funnier." Liv replied.

Liv let scooby off of the leash and played chase around the park with him.

"Don't think about it, asthma." Amber said to me.

"Heyyy, I can run." I whined.

"Not fast like them." Amber said, eating a Popsicle.

"Play ball with him." Sam said, handing me a tennis ball.

"You have your inhaler?" Amber said.

"YES, mommy." I replied sarcastically.

She laughed and drank the melted juice from her Popsicle pack.

I jogged to the grass and caught up with Liv and Scooby.

"I wanna play fetch with him." I said.

"Alright, Scooby, come." Liv instructed.

He obeyed and sat in front of me.

"Fetch!" I said and threw the ball.

He chased it, and Liv followed.

It took a second of convincing, but she got him to run back and give me the ball.

"Good boy, scoob." I said and gave him a bacon treat.

We were playing in a solo grassy area, so we were able to get out our water balloons and have a fight.

I threw one at scooby, and he ran to Sam's seat and back making us all laugh.

"Tara, look!" Amber said.

As soon as I looked up, a water balloon busted on my forehead.

"I swear." I said, shaking my hair.

I started chasing her with two. I threw one and missed her but hit Liv.

"WOWW." Liv said, laughing.

"It's not fair. I can't run that fast." I laughed.

"Ok, hit MEH." Amber said.

I threw it right at her chest, and it wet her whole shirt.

"Big oneeee." Liv said.

We played so long. I guess we hadn't realized Sam took Scooby and went to the hot dog cart across the way.

"You girls want chili dogs?" Sam asked, carrying a tray as scooby followed.

"Ouuu." I said and dropped my balloon.

"No, scooby, this isn't for you." Sam explained as he continued begging.

"Here." I said, dumping hot dog treats in his food bowl and giving him more water.

We sat down to eat and drink, and then we cleaned up some of the stuff.

We played hide and seek and tag, and after a while, it was getting late in the afternoon.

We packed up, got back in the car, and made our way home.