Chapter 30 (Ice Cream)

>Ambers POV<

In the moment last night wasn't embarrassing, but the more I thought about it, the more it irked me. It was too late now. I was in the car with Tara, and we were on our way to my first therapy appointment.

Tara is short, so her seat was pushed up, and she drove carefully with both hands. She focused clear ahead, only peeking over a few times checking on me. We had a good hour and 30 minutes to get to the appointment. it was a pretty day out, the sun was shining, and the AC in the car was on. Tara was playing soft relaxing music from one of her playlists, I believe she was trying to make me feel calm, and honestly, it was working.

There was a bit of traffic ahead, and Tara looked irritated.

"You okay?" I said sort of laughing.

"Yeah, I just want to be on time." Tara said. "Aren't you worried?"

"I'm personally not looking forward to this." I admitted.

She looked over with a pout, and I regretted my blunt honesty.

"It sounds scarier than it is. The therapist is a professional, I'm sure she'll make you as comfortable as possible." Tara reassured me.

I nodded and leaned my head back, turning to look out of my window.

after a while, we finally made it to the building. I got out of the car wearily. I wanted to go home.

I felt a small hand on my back, Tara was looking up at me with a reassuring look on her face, and so we went in.

>At the park<

>Mindys POV<

"I dropped my fucking ice cream." I complained staring at the mess.

A chocolatey delicious crime wasted on the dirty ground.

"Come on, let's go get more." Anika grabbed my hand.

"More? That's like her 4th cone." Chad said teasingly.

I glared at him.

"Actually, it was my third." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on baby, let's go get more ice cream." Anika said, holding an obvious laugh.

"Not funny." I pouted.

"Okayy okayy."

>Liv's POV<

I came out of the thrift store from across the street with at least three bags.

Chad walked up to me and took them off my arms.

"This much stuff? You needed this much stuff." He laughed as we headed to the trunk of the car.

"I'm just a-"

"Girl?" He suggested.

"Thriftaholic." I said all pouty.

"How much did you spend?" He asked.

"See, this is why I shop at thrift shops. I didn't spend a lot." I replied.

"You didn't answer me." He said, throwing the bags in the trunk and shutting it.

"Don't worry about it." I smiled.

We walked back to the park bench and sat down for a bit.

"Where is Mindy and Anika?" I asked.

"Uhhh, getting Mindy her 6789th ice cream." Chad replied.

"What about Tara and Amber? I'm shocked they didn't come hang." I said.

"Somethings going on with Amber." Chad said.