Final Chapter

March 28, 2023

Sister Burton,

Lift up your head and look..............!

Be of good cheer and find joy in your service unto The Lord. He is the reason you serve.

Is He not the one that put the sun high in the sky? Separate the waters from dry land?

Yea, Gussy this is so! Our pioneer ancestors that crossed the prairie, was He not their God?

The loss of family there entombed, buried under rock and stone my dear daughter only to sleep for a season. How is this possible I say........ for a season? They shall rise again in glory.

The Savior completed His part of the plan perfectly. How blessed we are to have the fullness of the gospel to comfort and bless our lives. May the hymn ring out in your mind,

"Come come ye Saints's

Be ye immovable. Stand tall. Courage in the knowledge of Christ. Liken yourself unto that of the White Lamanites. Was not the curse lifted from them? Were they not as faithful and valiant in their testimony of Christ? Keepers of the faith they were. Warriors they are.

Leaders and believers? Yea!

You are about to finish your work as a full time missionary. Know this my daughter of this land;

you are just beginning. Did you hear me?

You are just beginning.

ie........... ie....................................

How it must of pained Mormon to write those words unto the Lamanite King to meet in the lands northward, even Desolation unto Cumorah

to die. There to stand one final time in defiance of his brethren whom he loved, even would've accepted and held in his arms.

But this was not so nor meant to be at this time.

As final preparations were in place Mormon could only hope for a swift battle to end the suffering and carnage. He was alone. His family not surviving the toil and strife over the years.

Yet his only living family member be it Moroni.

His faith and hope was in him. That was what kept Mormon sane. His love for his son.

Mormon's soul was stained with the blood of his brethren. His soul changed in this life from the adversary destroying all that is good around him.

Gus, Mormon was visited by the Three Nephites.

He saw The Lord and knew many things pertaining to the Kingdom of Heaven. He was a prophet that had the blessings of heaven to sustain and strengthen him, even administered unto him were angels.

You are now about the final chapter of your story. Yes you are just beginning in the sense you will be carrying forth that missionary spirit for the rest of your life. But final are the pages to be written by your hand of your days as a full time missionary. Walk where you need to tread. Speak that which comes into your mouth. Testify boldly of His love and sacrifice for each of us. Pray deeper and more meaningful each day. Bless those you are serving and companion too.

Love you Gussy. So grateful I am for you and the righteous desires that are in your heart.

Pops