chutes and ladders

January 27, 2022

Sister Burton,

What a blessing to have been able to speak with you for a few minutes Monday. You are beautiful and sweet. You have a missionary spirit that is powerful among the people in Cleveland.

Life is a series of ups and downs. We traverse through mortal challenges everyday. The highs are the best while the lows are the worst.
If only the highs could be celebrated always we'd probably think we had it made. Another secret in life my daughter is there in lies the
"diamond in the lows".
It's there that we find who we are. It's there that our paths are revealed. It's there in our gethsemane of sorrow we find forgiveness. If only in our lowest of lows that we knew to look up we'd see more clearly the blessings from heaven.
Yet more often than not we focus on the (lack of) and look downwards, shamed and chained
to a pillar of despair, surrounded by darkness one desperately gazes out across an abiss of nothingness, where the reward is coldness, loneliness, and the smell of death that seems to have no end to a spiritually dying, tormented soul.
We must have the struggle. How wrong Lucifer was for we are renewed from the lows. We are lifted up and find strength to stand.
Our weaknesses are replaced with courage and resolve!
Gussy, this is what Lucifer would have taken away from all of us. He's a phony. He was blinded by his pride. He was consumed of his self worth in so much that he felt he was as good if not better than The Father. His idea, contrary to Father's, would give him Lucifer the glory. How foolish and vain. Remember, the best he can do is that of being a counterfeit.

Acknowledge your reliance on Him the Holy One of Israel. Teach of The Savior's ways always building upon what the people know already.
In many cases you only need to remind their spirits of such heavenly truths.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the progress of those you are teaching and whom are committed to baptism with dates. Be patient with everyone around you. Enjoy your days the same as the taste of the spring water sipped from a creek in The Toiyabe Mountains.
Understand this:
[There is knowledge in what is learned, but wisdom in what is received].

Wether you are ascending up a ladder or sliding down a chute in life, know that all of these experiences are but for our good.
Endure to the end............. we must and will.
All my love—

Pops