of rocks and braids

November 3, 2022

Sister Burton,

I'm so happy for you to be serving a mission.
What an amazing adventure it is to serve
The Lord. These are those days that will form your life, light your path, and strengthen your stride.
You are about the most glorious work of the temporal world.......... a celestial blessing bringing lost souls to Christ. You are a shepherd among the flock. A flock surrounded by wolfs.
Be it of the Sword of Laban, wielding with power and authority to disperse evil and bring forth truth yea, even the everlasting gospel with all the keys; the very saving ordinances necessary to receive exhalation in the eternities prepared for by
The Savior our Master and King to rule in Father's presence forevermore.

Remember Gussy it is in the struggles where therein are found the diamonds of eternal worth where there is no mortal value, no more to cry out, no matter the trial, no matter the delay, no matter the obstacles, no matter the day.......... blessings of heaven will flow!! Heavenly Father knows you. He knows your heart. He knows your spirit.
Be still He is God! Be it known you'll stand stronger because of the struggles in life.
You realize dependence and trust in Jesus Christ.

Senses heightened and faith expanded you are prepared for the further light and knowledge that are gifted to the one's who's faithful endurance to the end is rewarded with the words and touch of The Master's hand, "Come and enter into my presence. Blessed art thou for you will receive your crown."

One may say, "To the end, what is the end?
I say the end is not an end. We use the word end to describe a start that gives us meaning to which we say there must be an end. Gussy there is no end. We are eternal beings in a mortal body of blood. Celebrate this day of mortality. Lift up your voice and sing Hosannas' to the most high.
One day as we look back through the curtains of time we'll smile and say our time on earth really wasn't that long. It was a moment's glance peering through the endless horizons over the frontier of numberless creations. Endless days of the warmth from the sun. The thaw of shadows no more that conceal and hide. Is it not that we are then free. Made whole? Purified through His blood? Brought back from spiritual decay and from drowning in the river complacency?
These are the waters that flow from the well.
Water that quenches the thirst no more.

Stand tall sister. Shoulders out brothers.
That's your credence to all you teach.
Continue fighting that spiritual fight.
Follow The Savior as he did into the waters of baptism. Be numbered among His people.
A disciple of His; fore which, there is no going back. Put off the old and clothe yourself in the holy robes of He who is mighty to save.
If not through His name then who's do we declare? No one goes to the Father except through Him.

As I hike and explore I speak to the earth.
I feel a connection to things that are spiritual.
I'm renewed in all that I see. The plants, rocks, animals, birds, trees, creeks and snow.
The wind in my braided hair reminds me of the ancestors who once lived among the mountain ranges in this The Great Basin.
I'm touched as I enter into the forest of
pinion pines, white pines, and junipers.
The high mountain valleys, vistas, canyons, and peaks all remind me of Jesus Christ. He is the Creator. I collect a rock from where I wander and explore. It is a reminder of where I'm from.
I reminder of who I am. An example of how I am
to be. I'm connected to our past with my braids.
I walk among many ancestral noble spirits in the armies of the dead. A rock reminds me of such devotion.

Love you Gussy. Love you as only a dad of such an incredible daughter can love, an amazing Indian princess and child of God you are!
Continue teaching and testifying. You will build your testimony and help other's along the way.
Remember I serve with you. May you feel of this love for you and happiness & joy I have for the gospel, of which is true.

Pops