it's a mirage

March 7, 2022

Sister Burton,

Thinking of you always and want you to know that I'm so grateful for your service to The Lord.
You are amazing and an example to all the Saints.
A woman with a testimony and conviction of the truthfulness of the gospel and all the restored blessings thereof! You could move mountains if asked to do so. You could feed 1000 with a single loaf of bread if required. Through your prayers and faith you could raise one from the dead.
Doubt not who you are and the greatness that lies within your spirit.

Go to and serve with a joyful heart. I believe the middle ground you're referring to between not working hard and over exerting one's self is to enjoy the journey. That's where I found peace to my soul when things didn't seem to go right.
That's where the spirit would fill the void I would sometimes feel after a long day, a long week as a missionary. Reflection would help bring closure to the past and calmness to my present soul.
Everything else is just a mirage..... things that seem to be but aren't truly there!

I apologize if I speak to deeply at times. I thought maybe that was the case on my last email when
I spoke of the dead. You didn't comment on my thoughts and I thought maybe you didn't understand my perspective. I acknowledge the spirit as I feel enlightened to do so. The things on my mind and in my soul at times mirrors the thin line separating this world from the next.

Enjoy the blessing that it is to be a representative of The Lord.

[We calm the fears, wipe the tears.
We seek the lowly in heart, the message of hope is life eternal.
We teach God's children that they may return, changed by His grace they will learn.
We are messengers sent from on high, follow our voice and obey His commandments.
Safety to the soul to toil no more, His face to remember there He stands.
We find salvation in this life, a new beginning prove me herewith.
A psalm written upon my hands, duty to truth and light I deny no more.
We forsake our ways, a balm to heal.
The trumpet sounds, our calling we hear.
In His glory a witness therein, we remain forever and evermore!]

Love you Gussy. Be patient. Smile.
Look........ and behold the majesty and glory of The Father. He is real. Your message to the people in Ohio is one of hope, faith, and salvation.

Pops