You say that i am

February 26, 2023

Sister Burton,

For sure it was the first of most worth to me as
I neared the end of my mission;
of knowing The Savior of the world.
I could teach of Him. I honored Him.
I knew His gospel. I loved the people as He would. I gained charity as He has.
I had visions, dreams, and called the dead to live. Brought hope to the spirits in prison, yea their shackles loosed because of Him.
Testified as He would without fear or death.
Ordinances performed; did I not have His authority and power? Yea Gussy I did.
I was a faithful, baptizing servant, full of valor,
a witness of His love, tenderness, and mercy among the people.
Gussy, I knew angels. I saw the spirit world.
I saw the dead. I knew of things to come.
His face familiar as a friend's.
Sister Burton, I knew His voice.
I heard The Lord's voice come unto me saying,
"You say that I Am!" Yea, Lord, thou knowest
I know that thou art The Christ!"
His reply, "Come, follow me."

Be relentless. Testify of Him everywhere.
Glory in the trees. Touch the earth and bless it unto the people. Leave your mark upon the rocks, all living things in them are. Bless the homes.
Pronounce the Holy Ghost in His name to abide there among your friends. Hold them up with hope & faith, praying unto The Father that their sins be forgiven through The Lord's Atonement.

This work is eternal. Be not weary nor exhausted.
Be renewed in the glory of Him who is mighty to save. You have His blessing. Heavenly Father are you really there? Yes, He is Gussy.
You are His daughter.

Second of most worth for me as I neared the end of my mission; I knew who I was.
I understood how I fit into the Plan of Salvation.
I knew my weaknesses. I grew in all aspects of the gospel. I was enlightened. I was taught from on high. I soured with the Eagles.
I was special as a son of God.

Third of most worth for me as I neared the end of my mission; I could not deny the calling given unto the Prophet Joseph Smith.
I know him Gussy. I know He accepted the heralding call to usher in the restoration preparatory to the coming of The Lord.
No greater brother and friend could he of had than I.
I would've protected him. I would stand in for him.
I would complete his assignments to serve missions, teach, sorrow for, carry any burden,
among the saints.
Gussy, my beautiful Shoshone Princess,
I would've died with him in Carthage jail.
My testimony will seal my life one day.

(Come, come, ye Saints).
Sing Gussy and you will be transfigured.
Taken away in the spirit you will go.

All is well Sister Burton. Love you more than the snow flakes falling in the Tahoe Basin tonight.
A spiritual giant you are. Thank you for serving.
Thank you for blessing our family on both sides of the vail.

In the Pocatello Temple, there is a mural of the saints walking next to a covered wagon.
When I saw it I turned and stood in front of it.
I was overcome with the spirit bearing witness to me of its validity. I become part of the painting.
I heard the wagon. I heard the boy's voice, conversation of talking to his mom. The smell of the trail. The air filtered through my hair. I felt the power of the spirits of the dead; their presence was known unto me. I heard the army of the dead's horses and sounds of marching.
I believe it was President Joseph Fielding Smith as a young boy walking next to his mom.
It's breathtaking.
Then the kicker sets in when you notice the spirits of the dead battle ready as an army guiding the wagon along the trail. One such Angel is upon a horse at the head of the battalion.
That painting could only be in such a holy place like unto a temple.

We have that pioneering spirit in our blood.
Our family came across the plains from England, and Wales.
We have Scottish heritage that blended with the Shoshone.
Just as we have in our blood the legends and promises given unto our fore father's the Lamanites.

You are never far from my mind.
Close you are. Near unto you I am.
ie...... ie............................

Pops