SEVEN: "She has the gift, I can sense it"

Lyra joined the Gryffindor table at breakfast once again, as she couldn't bear sitting alone at the Ravenclaw table. Ginny greeted her with a tight hug, before she turned back towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were sitting in almost silence.

"I didn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire!" Harry broke the silence, turning towards Ron.

"I know you didn't put it in there, which older student did you ask to do it?" He rebutted. Harry shook his head in almost disbelief.

"No one!" He snapped before turning back to his breakfast. Ginny turned back towards Lyra and shrugged slightly. Fred and George sat, thankfully back to their original ages, looking angry between themselves.

"How is Juno taking the news of being the Hogwarts Champion?" Lee butted in, looking at Lyra. She forced a half-smile.

"She's excited," she said, flatly. Ginny grabbed her wrist that was sitting on the table, trying to comfort her. Lyra winced, and pulled her wrist down, hiding it. She looked around, hoping no one had noticed. She caught no one's eyes as she scanned, they all seemed to be in their own world.

Ginny and Lyra sat and talked until everyone else had left the table, and Lyra looked up at the time, It was time for Divination. She sighed, grabbing her bag and motioned towards her watch. Ginny stood also, knowing exactly what she was saying, "Hopefully today she won't predict anyone's death." She chuckled. Lyra forced a small laugh, agreeing deep down.

As Ginny and Lyra began to walk up the stairs towards the North Tower, Lyra almost swore she saw George turn from his conversation with Fred in the corridor to watch us walk up the stairs. She shook her head, knowing better to think anything of it.

Professor Trelawney was standing in the front of the class, holding a journal tight to her chest. "I began this project with my fourth year students, and I'd like to begin it with you as well. This journal is where I write down all my dreams, as will you." She began handing out thin journals, bound in a strange leather. Lyra looked down at hers, trying to hide the horror she felt inside.

"For the next few weeks, every class we will be discussing your dreams and what they mean. Even the strangest dreams have meaning." She said as hands began to raise throughout the room. Just about everyone's hand shot down, besides Luna's. "Yes, Miss Lovegood?"

"What if we never dream?" She asked, everyone began to snicker under their breaths. Professor Trelawney walked towards our table, stopping right in front of it.

"Well, Miss Lovegood, before bed every night try very hard to open your inner eye, allowing the cosmos to enter." She said, as if it were an obvious answer. She turned away before returning to the front of the class, and she began to ramble on about how everyone needs to work on opening their inner eye before her eyes stopped on Lyra.

"Miss Downsforth here, her inner eye is open wide, she has the gift. I can sense it." Lyra rolled her eyes. Ginny caught her and began to laugh quietly. She definitely didn't have the gift. But, she appreciated that for once this year, a teacher was proud of her.

She went down the ladder before any other student that day in Divination, Ginny followed behind her closely. She stopped at the top of the stairs and shook off the horrible feeling that she always got after Divination. Ginny grabbed her wrist again, pulling her down the stairs with her.

"You're going to be late to Care for Magical Creatures, and you better not keep Hagrid waiting, He's been in a mood since he heard about Harry..." She trailed off, her freckled cheeks turned bright pink. Lyra smiled at her softly, hiding the pain that once again had radiated from her wrist. She pulled her wrist away, rubbing it slightly.