FIVE: "Something horrible is going to happen"

Hermione was sitting next to Ginny as Lyra walked up to them. She sat down and began watching student after student come up to the burning Goblet in the middle of the corridor. A small group of Gryffindors came running towards the Goblet cheering on Angelina Johnson as she stepped through the bright line surrounding the old wooden chalice.

She dropped her slip of parchment into the Goblet, the fire within burned hotter. She cheered to her friends before headed off again, probably back to the Gryffindor common room. The three girls all looked behind them as three boys came running up, cheering to themselves. Fred, George, and Lee stopped in front of them to show them their exact plan.

"Aging potion," said Fred, motioning to the vials in their hands. "Only strong enough to make us a few months older." He said sitting next to Hermione. George circled around and sat next to Lyra. He held out his vial and reached across them to Fred. Lee Jordan stood behind them, still watching on. He looked around the room, Lyra assumed he was looking for Juno.

Fred and George cheered their glasses before they slang back the potion like a foul-tasting shot. They stood and looked each other up and down, they hadn't changed much at all. If anything they grew tiny hairs on their chins and upper lip, as if they hadn't shaved in a few months. They cheered as they entered the Age Line, brightening as it had with every student before it. They tossed in their small papers triumphantly, but just as they did so, the Age line gleamed a bright red and their parchments shot out of the burning flames inside the goblet, landing right in front of Ginny, Hermione, and Lyra. She looked down at the small burnt papers, but before she could really process what had happened, out shot Fred and George from the Age Line. Their faces were covered in silver beards, looking older than Dumbledore. They screamed as they grabbed each other and began to fight.

"But, you said!" exclaimed Fred knocking his twin brother onto his back, George rolled over now on top of Fred.

"You were the one who said it would work!" he grunted. Before they knew it, Professor McGonagall walked up to the loud chaos of cheers from students that had circled the fight between brothers.

"Oh, boys! Stand now," She said, and the twins stood, looking at each other angrily. Hermione and Ginny quietly chuckled under their breath, not wanting the twins to hear their amusement. "Follow me, Let's get you two to the hospital wing." They followed behind McGonagall towards the Hospital Wing, each scowling at each other.

"I think I'm gonna go with them, make sure they'll be okay," said Ginny, standing and following them towards the Hospital Wing.

Just as Lyra decided to head back towards Ravenclaw Tower, she noticed a crowd of Hufflepuff girls heading towards the Goblet. And there, standing in the centre of the girls, stood a curly haired girl holding a small piece of paper tightly between her thumb and pointer finger. Lyras heart began to race, she stood up, not even thinking as she ran towards her sister.

"Juno, you can't! You heard what Dumbledore said! Students die from participating in this tournament!" She cried, clinging onto Juno tightly. She ripped Lyra off of her, which was something she had never done before.

"You sound just like our father," she rebutted, a scowl on her face. "I know what Dumbledore said,." She stormed past her little sister, Lyra followed at her heels.

The age line gleaming ahead of them reminded Lyra she couldn't follow her sister, or something like what happened to the twins would happen to her. She stopped as she watched Juno enter without a problem, the bright blue line shining brightly.

"But what about my dream?" Lyra called out to her just as she held up her slip of paper above the fire within the cup. Lyra could see the familiar curly handwriting of her sister written across it.

Juno Downsfoth
Hogwarts

"It was only a dream! Leave me alone!" She yelled back, dropping her paper into the Goblet, it burned down into the ash like the other candidates. Lyra's eyes began to fill with tears, she didn't want to cry in front of all these people that were all now staring at her. Shehad just told them about her strange dream, on top of it all. Hermione stood behind her as she started to run towards Ravenclaw tower. Hermione followed behind Lyra a few paces before stopping, giving up and headed toward Gryffindor Tower.

Tears were streaming down her cheeks before she could even make it to the golden eagle door knocker.

"What am I?" It asked, almost smirking to itself, thinking it had stumped Lyra.  Her brain was everywhere else, but right where it needed to be, too clouded with images of her dream and of Juno dropping her name into the Goblet of Fire. "What am I?" It asked again, this time smiling obviously.

"Uh..." She opened her mouth, "a question?" Her voice barely above a whisper. The door swung open, she ran in, not stopping until she made it up the stairs to the girls' dormitory, crashing into her bed. Aurora raised her head and looked at her owner with almost a confused look in her eyes. She stretched her back before stalking over to Lyra's sobbing form. She curled up on her lap. She purred, which calmed Lyra just slightly. It reminded her of her happiest moments, she hid her face in the colourful fur of her cat, pulling her closer to her.

"Something horrible is going to happen," she explained, her voice muffled. Aurora purred louder, rubbing her body against her.

"I just know something horrible is going to happen to her, Aurora." This time Lyra pulled her tear-covered face away from the cat's body. Her voice was hoarse from sobbing.

"Are you talking to your cat?" An airy voice came from the bed next to Lyra's. She looked up to see Luna looking at her, a puzzled look on her face. Lyda rolled her eyes slightly. Who was Loony Lovegood to question my sanity? She thought to herself. Instead of replying, Lyra grabbed the rope holding the curtains around her four-poster bed, letting them fall, hiding her from the rest of the room. She laid her head on her pillow, hoping to get a short nap before the Halloween Feast that night, where the champions for the Triwizard Tournament would be announced.

Fire. All Lyra could see was fire. All she could smell was burnt flesh. She screamed, her feet moving below her without me even having to think about it. She hid behind a boulder, hiding from whatever had engulfed her in flame. She looked down, the golden jersey on my chest was only half remaining, the edges scorched away. But, that wasn't what scared her the most. On her left wrist was a tattoo of the planet Jupiner in ornate, moving around her wrist as if it were the sun.
She had seen this before, only it wasn't on her skin, but her elder sisters. She remembered the first day she saw it, Juno was whispering to her friends about how one of the older boy students learned a spell that gave them magical tattoos.
Lyra held out her wrist, and now noticed the wand in her hand wasn't her own either. But it was also her sister's, it was light in colour, and it looked as if a rose vine was wrapped around the tip. Her heart was thumping in her chest so hard she could feel it in her skull. The agony of the burn began to hit her again, she had to stop whatever was behind the rock, breathing hot flames around it, trying to scorch her again. She looked behind her, and thankfully she had. Because now she was looking deep into reptilian eyes. A dragon. But just as she pulled up her wand she knew something was wrong. She hadn't been sent here to defeat the dragon. But for another reason entirely, a golden egg. She looked around before dodging the dragon's fiery breath, running towards a nest of eggs, one beautiful giant gold one in the centre. Lyra let out a spell she didn't know, transforming herself into a yellow and black buzz; a bumblebee. Flying straight towards the nest, the mighty dragon shot flames, but seemed to not notice the tiny form. She landed on the egg, before she turned herself back into Juno. Clutching the egg to her chest.