EIGHTEEN: "Will you meet me here again?"

"Lyra," George whispered as he shook Lyra's arm softly, barely pulling her out of the deep sleep she was in, "We fell asleep and now we need to get back to our dorms, it's..." He grabbed her wrist looking at her watch, "Four in the morning."

His whispers pulled her completely awake. By now Flitch was patrolling the corridors more and more, trying to catch students who had done exactly what they had. This thought made her realise the only thing covering them was the blanket they were sharing, their bodies still nestled together.

     Her cheeks grew hot thinking about what had happened a few hours prior, and how she could still feel the reminisce of George's touch all over her body. She began pulling on her clothes, yet every so often she'd look over at him. His honey eyes looked over at her as he finished pulling on his shirt. He smiled over at her before he cupped her face in his hands, kissing her. He pulled lips away, still keeping his face only inches from hers. His eyes scanned hers.

     "Will you meet me here again?" He enquired, barely raising one of his eyebrows. She thought for a moment before she opened her mouth.

"Yes, but..." she trailed off, scared to ask him what this meant, honestly. What any of it meant. A sigh left her lips before she even realised it, her eyes unable to meet him now. What if George had brought tons of other girls to this room to do the exact same thing they had?

    "What's wrong?" his smile faded quickly as his brow furrowed, leaning back slightly so he could see Lyra's expression better.

    "Am, Am I the only girl you've brought here?"

    "Of course, Lyra, why would you ask that?" he looked deep into her eyes. "I didn't even know about this room until a few nights ago when I was walking around thinking about how I needed to talk to you and... the door appeared."

     Lyra nodded like she understood, but honestly, it was hard to surprise her anymore, especially at Hogwarts.

"I'm sorry for asking, I just was worried... that this didn't mean anything to you. I'll meet you here again. Just let me know when." She nodded with her words, she tried to hide the smile that began to grow on her face.

"It meant everything to me." he grabbed his trainers and handed over her boots. He awkwardly pulled them on before securing them. He leaned down and grabbed their bags, passing Lyra her own. She quickly double checked everything was still in it as they both headed through the maze of mismatched items back to the large wooden doors they had entered. 

The corridors were silent beside their muffled footsteps as they manoeuvred through them, trying their hardest to avoid Mr. Flitch or his mangy cat at each turn. George grabbed Lyra's hand and squeezed it slightly as they parted ways.

She only stopped by her dorm room to grab her toiletry bag before heading to the bathroom and stripping on the clothes that stuck to her body from the leftover sweat that covered it.

    Thoughts clouded her brain as she sat,  waiting for the tub to fill with steaming water. Ginny must be furious with her. She had never gone this long without talking to her. And she told George the truth about everything before she had the guts to tell Ginny. Her stomach knotted together. And now, she had another secret to keep from her. She had to talk to her today, at least about her dreams and how they had started to feel less like normal nightmares and more of a warning. And Lyra needed to talk to George about everything... at some point.

ϟ   ϟ  ϟ   ϟ

    Lyra's thumb twisted one of her rings around her finger as she walked up to the Gryffindor table at breakfast, the only empty seat between George and Ginny. Her knees buckled under her slightly as she saw them both sitting there, together.