THIRTY-TWO: "How is that your plan?"

Lyra got dressed silently, not wanting to wake any of her dorm mates who laid dead asleep only a few feet away. She barely slept trying to think of a plan, of an idea of how to save Juno.

    Running. She wondered if that's what the dream the night of George's birthday meant. That was the idea she was most fond of. Just running away from it all.

    She grabbed her bag and headed out of her dorm and down the long spiral steps that lead to the common room. The common room was mostly empty, a few early risers sat alone reading or working on homework. Everyone was too involved in their own projects to even acknowledge her existence.

    The halls were empty, and the portraits that hung from the walls were just beginning to wake. Quiet yawns and muffled morning voices resonated against the hard stone floor.

    Madam Pomfrey expected Lyra, as the large doors to the Hospital wing were already wide open. As she stepped inside she noticed a tray of tea and biscuits sat on the table next to Juno's bed. She also noticed Juno's wand sitting on the table, Lyra was thankful it had been returned to her sister.

    "Good Morning, Lyra," she called from her office, smiling towards her. She waved back at her, smiling.  Madam Pomfrey didn't move from her desk even as Lyra sat down next to Juno, who was still sleeping.

    She grabbed Juno's arm and slightly shook her. Luckily, that was all it took and Juno began to wake. She rubbed her eyes, before looking around a moment. She then rubbed them again as she saw Lyra and the platter of food.

    "Good morning, Juno," Lyra said, already pouring her a cup of tea. "Sugar?"

    She nodded and mumbled something under her breath that resembled the words 'and cream'. Lyra finished pouring her tea and handed it over. She held the cup in both hands, trying to steal the warmth from it. She took a few sips while Lyra made her own. The tea seemed to bring life back into Juno as she started to wake up, stretching her limbs and moving her hair out of her face.

    She looked at Lyra for a long time before either one of them spoke, Lyra wasn't sure if Juno was just still waking up or thinking about something.

    "How was Mum and Dad? Oh and Nan?" Juno finally asked, a small smile rested on her lips.

    "They were Mum and Dad," she sighed, "And Nan was good. Well, she was until Ares told her our parents don't love either other anymore. And then she started treating Ares and Mum like they weren't family. And Dad seemed to be angry at Ares for telling Nan that even though I thought she knew that already, Yknow?" Lyra rambled on, looking down at the sugar that was resolving in her tea.

    "Wow," Juno sipped her tea, pulling Lyra's eyes back up to her. "And to think I was about to say I'm sorry I couldn't go."

    "I found something out, too." She looked down at her hands, twisting her ring around her finger. "I think Ares might be giving someone information about you."

    "What?" Juno asked, looking past me towards Pomfrey's office. She turned back towards Lyra, "Close the curtain."

    She stood, carefully closing the white curtain that separated Juno's hospital bed from the others. She turned towards her sister, raising her eyebrows.

    "Why do you think that?" Juno whispered.

    "I heard him," she replied, sitting back down next to Juno's bed. "He was talking to someone the other morning, he was telling them about your fight with the headmasters over not being able to go home for Easter."