NINETEEN: "George knows?"

The next week was not much better than the week before, yet Lyra did manage to leave her dorm room every morning and go to each of her classes. She didn't speak much to anyone besides Ginny. The two of them had begun meeting after classes in the library every day. Most days, they just helped each other with homework, but on Friday, her eyes scanned Lyra's face for a long time before Ginny set her quill down.

"Are you going to tell me what was really going on with you after Christmas?" a sigh left her lips after her words, like she had been holding her breath just as long as she had been holding in the question.

"Uh," Lyra looked down awkwardly, not really wanting to meet her eyes. "Yeah," She finally agreed, sighing to herself. "Ginny, those dreams haven't stopped, and honestly," she scanned around them, "They're getting worse, and a hell of a lot, scarier."

"Scarier how?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed and Lyra wasn't sure she had convinced her it was just the dreams. But as Lyra explained the dream she had on Christmas night and the voice that still made her stomach knot every time she thought about it, her face started to slack and her anger morphed into sympathy. Her eyes widened when she heard about Harry's involvement in the dream.

"How many of them have come true?" She whispered, Lyra counted out each dream on her fingers before lowering three; one for the dream on Christmas, one for the dream she was drowning in, and one for the first dream she had, the one that started this whole mess.

"Just the one," she looked down at her finger, "the one with the dragon." Her finger taunted up at her again, just the one. She ran her fingers through her messy hair. "Do you think I'm making this out to be more than it is?"

Ginny shook her head and motioned to the surrounding room. "I know I'm about to sound like Hermione, but have you researched it here?" Lyra just shook her head.

"Not really, I didn't want anyone to know, but George said-" the words slipped out before she even thought about them; Lyra's eyes widened when her mistake hit her.

"George knows?" Ginny interrupted, her eyebrows furrowed as she turned her body towards Lyra, and Lyra froze.

"Well, yeah, kind of," She rambled, trying her best to get herself out of the situation her mouth got her in. And then, Lyra had an idea; Ginny had known George took her to the ball. Just not anything that happened afterward.... But she probably did know she ran from his dorm room in tears. Her stomach knotted and churned, it was like she could feel her organs trying to squirm away from the mess she had gotten herself into.

"I talked to him about my dreams after the dance, a little." Ginny's lips pursed as she eyed me, "He said I should talk to Dumbledore..." Lyra trailed off, worried she'd expose herself further. Her eyes avoided Ginny's as she watched her fingers pick at the cuticles of her thumbs.

"Are you going to?" Was all she said, Lyra had been asking herself that same question constantly for days, so when Ginny asked, she just sighed and laid her head in her arms on the table in front of her.

"I have no idea." She tilted her head towards Ginny, finally looking into her face. She looked similar to George; her cheeks were covered in freckles and their eyes were similar, yet hers were more hazel green than the warm brown of George's. Lyra could tell by the look in Ginny's eyes she had more to ask, more to say, but she didn't want to pry. "Do you think I should?"

Ginny thought on her question for a long time, much longer than she thought she would have, but finally she put her hand on Lyra's arm, which was still crossed with the other, holding her head up off the table.

"If you think it would help, I don't see any harm in it," her shoulders shrugged a little with her words, "He is one of the strongest wizards of the age."