TWENTY-THREE: "Dream of us"

The day before the second task, not a single person could concentrate on what they were supposed to be; Students were gossiping and asking what others thought the task would entail, Professors barely stayed on topic as they also mentioned the tasks and how daring each contender was for competing, and Lyra, sat through each class, anxiously waiting for the day to end and to meet George, Fred, Juno, and Lee.

Her last class of the day was Muggle studies with Professor Burbage, a thin ginger woman who liked to wear muggle clothes instead of lavish robes. Muggle studies always was an easy class for her, as she was pretty much raised a muggle by her parents until she went to Hogwarts.
As the last bell rang, everyone stood quickly, not listening to Professor Burbage's last statements about the uses of batteries. Just as Lyra went to stand, she felt a hand touch her shoulder, and she spun on her heels to face whoever touched her.

"Miss Downsforth, I'd appreciate if you'd follow me," Mr. Flitwick's slight frame stood in front of her. Shejust nodded before placing her items in her bag and clutching it tightly as they left the classroom.

Eyes followed them as they walked down each corridor, students whispering as they passed. Lyra followed behind Professor Flitwick, trying her hardest not to walk faster than him. They went deeper into the castle until they went to a long corridor that led to a colossal statue of an ugly Gargoyle. They were headed to Dumbledore's office. Finally, Lyra would get to talk to Dumbledore after waiting, and waiting.

She held her tongue until she saw Ron and Hermione following behind Professor McGonagall heading towards them. Hermione seemed to be confused, and Ron, well, he just looked terrified, like whatever was happening was very, very bad.

"What are we doing, professor?" Lyra asked, turning to Professor Flitwick, who was also watching Ron, Hermione, and Professor McGonagall come closer. He didn't speak until Professor McGonagall greeted him.

"Hello, Minerva," He smiled up at her, she smiled back down at him before turning towards the Gargoyle.

"Fudge Flies," McGonagall said quickly to the Gargoyle, who started to spin upward, exposing a large door opening. Flitwick and Lyra went through first, followed by Hermione, Ron, and McGonagall.

"We're still waiting on one more I'm afraid," Dumbledore said, looking towards the fireplace that stood right in front of them all before turning towards the five of them. "Sit down, sit down." He flourished towards a group of chairs that sat in front of his desk, enough for all of them, plus two.

Lyra knew then, that this definitely was not about her nightmares. They all shuffled further into the office, finding their seats as Dumbledore watched the fireplace. Ron and Hermione looked between each other before they both shrugged, turning to Lyra.

"Do you know what this is about?" Hermione whispered towards her, she just shook her head. Her eyes wandered around the office, portraits of each past headmaster watched them in amusement. Lyra wondered how much they knew, sitting there all day listening to Dumbledore talk about Merlin knows what.

Just as Lyra finally looked back to Dumbledore and the fireplace, the fire blasted green and a young girl stepped through the fireplace. Her robes were the same periwinkle blue the students from Beauxbaton wore. She couldn't have been more than fourteen, if that.

"Welcome!" Dumbledore called out as another larger figure stepped through the fire. The man just looked at Dumbledore before looking around the room.

"Where is Madam Maxime?" His French accent was thick, and she realised he had to be one of the Professors at Beauxbaton, yet there was no way this girl was old enough to be in school.

"Madam Maxime will not be joining us, I'm afraid, she is helping Fleur with some final practice before the big task tomorrow. But, please sit down." He left the fireplace and walked up the steps to his desk before sitting down in his large, ornate chair. It took a moment for the french professor and the young girl to join them, they argued between each other in french.