| 27 |

Now playing:
New Romantics by Taylor Swift

☀︎

"What do you even know.."

What do I know?

The question echoes through his mind over and over, almost consuming him. The way Hyunjin said it, the breathy voice, the softness in his eyes, the silence that followed.

The wind blows through his hair, as they drive home with the windows down. Felix looks out to the water, watching the waves and the way they're illuminated by the moon.

He turns his head to look at the older boy next to him, just watching. He is using one hand to steer the car, and the other is holding his head up. He seems to be deep in thought too. He doesn't even notice Felix staring.

Felix just looks away.

How did he end up here?

A month and a half ago he was at a party with his friends, completely oblivious to what the night would lead him to. He was in denial and in hiding, and he was half a man.

Now he's sitting in his childhood crushes car, driving home from what he's pretty sure was a date. He's rethinking every word the older has ever said to him, rethinking all the looks.

He remembers the times where he would stare just like this. Things were different then, and he was terrified of being caught. He would hide the smiles and hide himself from the boy.

He'd look to Hyunjin when all his friends would laugh, he'd have a sparkle in his eye when he'd watch him, he would look for him in the school's assemblies and watch him at the old football games.

But it was all a secret then. He himself didn't even know what any of it meant, and he was afraid somebody else would find out before he did. Yet now, he has no shame. He knows, and everybody else will too one day.

A song starts to play, and Hyunjin immediately sits up. He looks to Felix with a smile, "I'm sorry, but this is my favorite song." He says.

Felix smiles at him. He watches as Hyunjin turns the nob, and New Romantics by Taylor Swift echoes louder throughout the car. He shakes his head, chuckling. He loves this song as well.

Felix giggles as Hyunjin starts to sing along, smiling widely. Felix turns his head and keeps his eyes on Hyunjin. The boy is so mesmerizing. He's absolutely perfect.

"Oh my god," Hyunjin exclaims, sitting up. "There is a tunnel coming up. You're gonna love this.." he says.

Felix raises a brow. He waits until he sees the tunnel, and he watches as Hyunjin smiles and turns the music up louder.

It seems like everything starts moving in slow motion, and it's almost like a movie. The sound echoes through the tunnel, and the wind blows in his hair.

He looks over to a smiling Hyunjin, the lights flashing as they pass by and illuminating his features. He is like a dream in this moment. His pearly whites shine, and his skin glows. Felix can't even fathom it.

The moment ends as soon as it began, and Felix wishes it would have lasted longer. He keeps his eyes on Hyunjin, and the older just giggles.