| 34 | final |

Now playing:
Mess It Up by Gracie Abrams

☀︎

Felix reads the message over and over.

hyunjin
can you come upstairs and unlock the door

His heart has come to a complete stop, and the fork he once held is dropped on the counter now. Hyunjin is here. He is here, after two days of complete silence. Not a text, not a call, nothing.

And now he's here.

Another vibration goes off, and this one gets him moving.

hyunjin
please im cold

He runs up the stairs, entering his bedroom. He comes to a complete stop. Felix locks eyes with the older, as he puts away his phone. Hyunjin gives the younger a half smile.

Felix walks cautiously over to the door, stomach twisting and turning with both anxiety and excitement. He unlocks it, and begins to slide it open as he raises his head to look at Hyunjin.

"Hi." Hyunjin says, letting out a breath.

"Hi..?" Felix says, scrunching his brows a little bit. "I don't know if I should worry right now... what are you doing here?"

Hyunjin looks at Felix with sparkling eyes. He has missed the younger boy so much. Way more than before, now that they are closer. He has wanted so badly to come over and see him, but he only got the clear from Chan yesterday.

He didn't want to seem too eager, going over immediately. Thankfully, he realized that was a stupid approach. He waited all day to come see him, to come make things right.

"I came to see you." Hyunjin says, holding back a smile. The younger boy makes him nervous. "I.. I missed you."

Felix is taken aback by the sudden confession. His heart drops, but it also starts to beat out of his chest. He wants to cry and scream and hug him and do all these things, but he can only let out a breath. Reality is taking over.

"Where have you been, Hyunjin?" Felix asks. "It's been days." He clarifies.

Hyunjin swallows harshly. "I know, Felix." He says.

"So if you know, then why did you still avoid me?" Felix asks, referring to the way Hyunjin hasn't answered a single one of his texts. "I feel like I've been alone this whole time."

Hyunjin's heart drops. "A– alone?" He asks. "Felix, I didn't know that. I'm so sorry.. I—"

Felix stops him, his face crinkling as he gets emotional. "No, no, don't." He says, tensing up even more. "Your confusing me, Hyunjin."

"Felix—"

"I get that you're sorry," Felix starts again. "Hyunjin. I really do. But I was alone through this. You could have at least texted me back, or maybe even showed up in the middle of the night like you always do."

"I don't know what else's to say except I'm sorry, and that you're right." Hyunjin says, gulping. "I should have, and I'm only now realizing that I handled this all the wrong way."