chapter 20

I was discharged from the hospital a couple days ago and I was sent back to my house in Los Angeles. I didn't know I had a house in Los Angeles... Wait... Right I don't remember anything. Well since then, Ariana has told me that they cancelled the tour because no one wanted to continue the it without me, which is sweet. But am I a famous singer or something? I forgot to ask her, maybe I'll call her later to ask.

Right now though, I was exploring my own house. It was really large, and it is in what I'm guessing is the rich part of LA is. My house is 3 stories tall, an infinity pool in the backyard with lots of space there as well, it over looked the glorious city of Los Angeles. Other than that the inside of my house was pretty normal, except for of course the game room, music/recording studio, movie room, my huge bedroom and few other rooms I have yet to explore. Wow, I really like to go all out. My phone began to ring, I glance down at the screen to check who it is before answering.

Normani

Her name was flashing across the screen, I stare down at it letting it ring a bit longer before answering it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey, Y/N! I'm so glad you answered." I can practically hear her smile through the phone.

"Of course I would answer, why wouldn't I?" I furrow my brows and chuckle at the end of my sentence. I can hear a quiet breath on the other line before Normani speaks again.

"Well, the girls and I are actually in LA right now. But I'm in the car by myself because the girls are resting in the apartment right now. And I was wondering if I can visit you, just to see how you are and how everything is."

"Yeah, sure. You can come over right now," I reply. There was a short pause, what was she waiting for?

"Y/N, I'm going to need your address."

"You don't know my address?"

"Well no, we never came over." There was a hint of sadness in her voice, I wonder why.

"Oh, I just thought you did. You seemed like a pretty important person in my life before all this shit happened." I hear her chuckle.

"You have no idea," She mumbles.

"Well I'll just text you the address."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I shoot Normani a text before going back to explore my very large house. I walk outside, it was already slightly dark outside. But it was already like 9 PM. I look out at the lights of the city in front of me and when I turn my head just a little bit to the right, you can see the lit up 'Hollywood' sign. I guess I like beautiful things, I mean I already have beautiful people in my life. I let out a sigh, shoving my hands into my jacket pockets as I stay out there for awhile longer before jogging over to the door when someone knocked.

Of course, when I opened it Normani was standing on the porch.

"Wow, your house is insane." She says as she takes a look around after she walks in, I close the door and nod.

"I was just as surprised as you," I reply truthfully as I watch her walk around the first floor. I take a seat on the couch closer to the side of the living room, she turns to look at me before taking a seat next to me on the couch.

"So, Y/N. How have you been doing?"

"I've been well, trying to remember, getting used to this big house." I reply with a shrug as I lean into the couch, looking over at the dark skinned girl. I notice her staring at me, and I just smile trying to act normal.

"That's good." She says, "So have you been talking to Ariana lately?" Why would she care if I talked to Ariana?

"Um, yeah I have actually." I say and she just nods, her arms crossing along her chest as a soft huff escapes her mouth. Is she jealous?

"That's good." She repeats and I just nod. Yup, she's jealous... It's actually kinda cute.

"You're cute when you're jealous," I say nonchalantly as I look over to the large flat tv in front of us which happens to be on now.

"What?" She looks over at me in disbelief, like she was surprised I caught on, "I-I am not jealous I-"

"I can tell," I say. "The way you're talking, and you're body language. I may have lost my memory, but I'm not stupid." She lets out a sigh of defeat, signaling that I was right.

"Okay, yes I am jealous." She mutters quietly, "But for a valid reason."

"And that reason is?" I ask, tuning my attention back to her.

"Because we used to, date." She says slowly, "But we still care." I process the few words she has said... Wait, we?

"We?" I ask, knitting my brows together as I look at her.

"Yes, we. As in Ally, Dinah, Lauren, Camila and I."

"I dated all of you... At the same time? Isn't that cheating?" She quickly shakes her head.

"No, we all agreed that it was okay to date you at the same time."

"Oh."

"We were actually all happy for a very long time, but um the girls and I messed up." She looks down at the hands in her lap as she plays with her fingers.

"Messed up how?" I ask, immediately interested in this odd topic.

"We ignored you, we went out without you, we came home later than usual, w-we hooked up with other girls.. But we couldn't let you go, yet we still mistreated you." She poured out, I can see the tears brimming her eyes. I was in utter shock, they would do that to me? I guess if I still had my memory I would be furious, but I'm not. I don't remember so I can't feel. "I know you're probably mad at us now..."

"I'm not."

"Wait, what?"

"I'm not mad," I say looking at the other girl, the expression of shock present on her face and I just shrug. "I feel like I should furious and raging right now, but I'm not because I don't remember. So, there for I don't know what to feel in this moment. But I know for sure, I'm not mad at you or the girls." She's still looking at me with a shocked expression. I just chuckle and turn back to face the large flat screen in front of us.

"So this means a fresh start?" She asks, I respond with a simple nod. "Good, because I really need this fresh start, we all do."

"I bet we do." She smiles at my words, and we just begin to talk about the most random things. She would remind me about the little things I would do, and the things I liked to do. It's funny because I would think she would've forgotten because of our rough past. But I guess a fresh start is the best, right?

—————————————————————————————————-

Oh look a late night update! What a miracle, hallelujah. So this is getting good, right? I don't know, you guys tell me. I honestly don't know. But it's fun to write, and I hope you guys enjoyed this update :). Also check out my other story 'Death Marked' it's a Lauren/you story. I love you guys and I love your guys' funny comments and favs. :D