chapter 22

The bell of the door bell being rung led me out of my thoughts, my body quickly turns and walks towards the door. When I open it another girl is standing in front of me.

"Oh, right."  The girl mutters, "I'm Megan, you're manager."

"Manager? For what? Like work?" I ask, tilting my head to the side just slightly, Megan smiles and nods.

"Sure, something like that."

"That's not a very straight answer," I say.

"Because you're gay." She replies with a soft laugh, I can't help but smile and nudge the other girl. Even though I don't really know Megan, I can tell we were super close. "I'm just kidding, I'll explain inside." I nod, letting her in as I close the door behind her.

"So explain," We both take a seat on the couch. My gaze on the other girl.

"Well so I am your manager, for work technically. You're a very well known singer, you don't really like the term famous because you said, and I quote 'I wasn't famous before this, No one is famous. It's just a general term for well known. I'm not famous during this and I won't be famous when I die.'"

"Why am I so deep?" I ask aloud, running my fingers through my hair. Megan just chuckles and pats my back.

"Hey, that's what makes you a great singer." I guess she's right, her gaze turns to a particular green eyes girl out in my backyard, I follow her gaze as well. "Has she been here this whole time? I thought she was still getting back from the UK?"

"That's what I thought too." I mutter, my eyes glued on the beauty outside.

"Hey, Y/N." I look back at Megan who's already looking at me. "I just need to warn you about her, about them."

"I know, Normani already told me everything. The pain they caused me in the past."

"But they could still do that now... I know you don't remember, and you may have your eye on the five of them. But they could take advantage of you now, without you remembering and all, I just want to protect you. So just be careful, okay?"

"Okay." I begin to rethink everything, what if what Megan is saying is true? What if the girls are just taking advantage of me because of my condition? All these what if's... But what if they changed? What if they're not taking advantage of me? 

"Y/N, woo-hoo. Y/N." Megan snaps her fingers infront of my face, making me jump. "I thought I lost you there." She says with a soft chuckle, I just laugh dryly looking down at my hands.

"I'm here," I mumble. Megan pulls me into a quick hug before standing up.

"Well I have to get going, I have a couple meetings to go to and I have to take care of somethings," Megan says while walking towards the door. "I'll call you okay, Y/N?" I respond with a nod as she walks out the front door. I slump on the couch, thinking about what Megan has just said. I mean, should I trust her word? She seemed really concerned about Lauren being here and me interacting with the girls. I should give them a chance, maybe being friends will do? I mean, this is a fresh start for me. 

"Y/N! Where are you?" Lauren calls out as I wave my hand in her direction, a smile quickly makes it's way up to her lips. I can't help but think how cute that was, how my presence made her smile. She quickly makes her way to the couch and plops down next to me.

"Enjoy the view?" I ask, turning my attention to the green eyed girl.

"Yeah! Your view is sick, oh my gosh. I wish I could live here." I wish you could too.

"Well maybe you could stay over sometime," I say casually, and she turns to me. I can't tell if she's shocked that I said that or excited. 

"Yeah, maybe I can. I'll take you up on that offer soon." She says with a shy smile before getting up, "I wish I could stay longer, but I have to get going. The girls are going to arrive soon and I have to be there to get them at the airport." She explains as she walks towards the door. I nod understandingly, I stand up and give her a small wave a she steps out the door returning the gesture to me before the door shuts completely. I let out a low breath walking into the kitchen, taking a seat on one of the stools. My phone rings, I pick it up without hesitation.

"Y/N?" I've never heard this voice before. It's obvious it's a girl, but something about the tone is so familiar.

"Um, who is this?"

"Oh c'mon, you know me! You gotta remember me." She says with such enthusiasm, but her voice begins to get slightly broken at the end of her sentence. Guilt washes over me when I don't remember the unknown girl on the other line.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember." My voice sincere, but I can hear a soft sniffle on the other line. "Hey, hey. Please don't cry."

"I-I'm not.." Her voice cracks, "Sorry, I just.. I thought they were lying about you not remembering."

I just stay silent, I don't what to say to her.

"Well I might as well introduce myself once again. I'm Jade, we've known each other forever we were best friends, until you dated those five girls. But I was still there for you."

"We are best friends?" I say, correcting her. I feel the need to be there for the other girl, maybe it's my old instincts. I hear her sad chuckle on the other said of the line, I know she's smiling.

"Yes, we are best friends." This is all new for me, well now it is, it feels nice to call someone my best friend. We continue to talk for god knows how long. She told me about all the old things we used to do together and how we did things. I would listen and laugh at the stupid ideas we had. After a couple hours of talking we both agreed to continue the conversation some other time.

I stand up, realizing that I haven't been out of my house since I got here. I haven't been out in the city, but Ariana and the girls told me to stay because they didn't want me to get lost in the city. I'll have my phone, they can call me. I smile, no one has to know. I run up the first flight of stairs, down the hallway to my room. I grab a flannel, black crop top along with some ripped shorts. I throw them on along with some sunglasses, slipping on my shoes, grabbing my car keys and dashing out the door.

Once I unlock the car, the lights flash and my jaw drops. A 2016 Audi R8, damn. Yes I may have lost my memory, but I still know my cars. I get inside, looking at the interior as a wide smile stretches across my lips. As I put the key into the ignition and starting the car, the screen right in front of me turns on.

"Hello, Y/N. Ready for a journey today?" I laugh softly, revving my engine.

"I sure am."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lookie here, another awesome update !!1!11!11111!!!!!! I tried to update as soon as possible, and now here it is! I hope you guys enjoy it because it was sure fun to write. Also I know there might be some mistakes so I'm sorry, I don't proofread bc I'm lazy.. But I should start proofreading. Always, thank you guys for all the lovely support, It really helps out my self-esteem :) I love you all. And also I would love to post some of my social media so I can actually have some friends. Maybe soon?