chapter 8

"Y/N," I hear a voice say from behind me. "You look dope today." I turn around.

"You look pretty good also, Hansen."

----------

"Thanks," she replies with a wide smile as she walks closer to me. I smile back politely. "So I'm guessing Ally dragged you to Waffle House, right?" She says with a small smirk. I laugh, nodding my head.

"Yup, the little one did." 

"Of course you would go, you love that place!" She exclaims with a small laugh as I shake my head.

"I don't love the place, I like it, not love." I say with a chuckle.

"Right, right" 

"Whatever, Dinah" I say rolling my eyes playfully at her. I look at her as a melodic laughs escapes her lips, a whole hearted laugh. I love that laugh..

"Y/N, Wanna come with me to soundcheck?" I nod in reply as she loops her arm in mine, in a friendly way as she leads me to the stage. I hear music blaring from the speakers when we get closer and closer. 

"...And if you want to keep me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta love me harder.." I hear Ariana's voice fill the empty arena. And when we get inside, I take the time to listen to her voice she she sings and watch her. Ariana's growing, but she's the same girl I dated months ago. I sigh, but then I feel Dinah tug at my arm causing me to continue moving forward with her.

"She's so good" Dinah gushes to me, and I nod. It's true Ariana is really talented, it's just that. I helped her write the lyrics for her song so it has a sentimental value to it. So every song she sings off her album 'My Everything' is about our relationship. But the past is in the past.

"Yeah, she's super talented." I say as Dinah stops at the side of the stage so we could watch Ariana finish up her soundcheck. When she does end, she looks over at the both of us and looks at us curiously before shooting us a warm smile while she gets off of the stage.

"Well, It's our turn Y/N. Better stay and watch us," Dinah says in a playful tone. She unloops her arm from mine and walks back stage, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn my head to see Ari standing beside as she looked at me intently.

"Hey, Y/N" She says in a shy voice, that causes me to grin.

"Hello, queen Ari" I say with a small chuckle.

"So how'd I do?"

"I think you did fantastic," I look at her with a wide smile as I already see her looking at me.

"Really?"

"Yes, really you always do fan-" I was cut off by bass loud music, as we both turn our attention to the stage. I see the Ally, Camila, Lauren, Normani, then Dinah standing in that order. I see Ally wave at me and I wave back, while Dinah and Normani shoot me a smile. Friends. Friends. I keep repeating to myself.

"Sit yo' self down cause you know you're gonna stay.." They sing and they drop. tHEY DROP. My breath catches in my throat as they stand back up, I can't help but rake my eyes up and down all of their bodies. I qucikly stop though when I see Camila make eye contact with me as I look up at the ceiling making it seem like I wasn't staring at them.

"Where you going, where you tryna go, where you going, where you tryna go, baby baby.." And that was probably the worst time to look back, they were all rolling their bodies, and shaking their um junk. But Lauren especially caught my eye. The way she moved her hips, they flowed perfectly. I snap out of my thoughts, what am I thinking? Yes, they're all very attravtive girls, that are so sexy, and I was once in love with them. But that's whatever, right? right?

-------------

"Woooo! How are you feeling Salt Lake City!!" The crowd responds with a loud chant of 'Y/N, Y/N, Y/N' and I smile, bright flashes going off the crowd laughing and screaming. I love my life.

"So, I'm going to sing one last song for you guys. I bet you guys all know the song, my first hit single that made my career take off, am I right?" The crowd screams loudly, they scream the name of the song repeadetly.

"Yes! That's the one, so therefore here's 'Stay With Me'" The crowd goes quiet for a moment, Then when the music starts they turn on the flashes on their phones and start to wave them side to side slowly.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?" I sing into the microphone, closing my eyes taking a deep breath before singing the chorus.

"Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me"  I feel tear threatening my eyes, and I don't dare open them. I hear the crowd go silent as my breath becomes shaky, knowing that a few stray tears are dripping down my cheek. I pull through the tears and begin singing again.

"Why am I so emotional?
No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control
And deep down I know this never works
But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me

Oh, won't you stay with me?
'Cause you're all I need
This ain't love, it's clear to see
But darling, stay with me" My voice cracks a few times in the last verse. I open my eyes but everything is blurred with tears, I wipe my eyes taking a deep breath as I reveal a sad smile to the crowd. They cheer and clap as loud as they can.

"Goodnight everybody!!!" I say finishing up the concert, as I walk off stage I silently hope that I don't run into 6 particular girls. I don't want to face them after my performance. I won't be able to handle their questions.

------------------------------

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. You got emotional tonight, oooh. Well there you have it, an update with some typos. :))))) the usual, hopefully you guys didn't have to wait long for this!! Love you guys, comment bc feedback is great !