chapter 35

The pounding in my head was unbearable. I can't believe what I just saw, I refuse to believe what I just saw.. but it happened. And I can't just ignore it. I thought they actually changed, I thought they actually cared about me, my feelings. How could I be so naive?? I flee down the hallway, but as I'm rushing my body collided with another.

"I-I'm sorry," I mutter out. That damn stutter is still there, why?

"Hey, it's okay. I wasn't exactly paying attention either." The familiar voice said, "Y/N? Are you okay?" I look up only to see that Haliee was standing right in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm f-fine." I mumble, she stands there while her eyebrows begin to raise. She's clearly not convinced with me.

"C'mon," She says as she takes a hold of my wrist, dragging me along behind her. I was then brought into another recording room. As she pulls me towards the couch on the other side of the room, taking a seat. Soon after pulling me down to sit beside her.

"Now we can talk." She says softly, I begin to lean back into the cushions as I look at the girl in front of me.

"What do you w-want to talk about-out?" I ask. A frown begins to form on my face when I hear my stutter once again, but it was getting worse. I begin to think about it, then my thoughts begin to get all jumbled up inside my mind. I can feel myself getting frustrated. I felt a hand rest on top of my now clenched fists, I didn't even realize I was getting that frustrated. Hell, I even forgot about Haliee's presence. I shifted my gaze to look at her and quickly relaxed.

"Y/N, what's happening?" She asks her tone gentle and soft. Her expression, she's worried, she's trying to keep calm but it's not working.

"I honestly don't know.. everything is all j-jumbled up in my head. I took a deep breath, talking is so much harder now. "A-and not a have this s-stupid stutter." I finally finished the goddamn sentence, thank god.

"Have you seen a doctor to check up on about this?"

"Well, kinda. I-I really didn't get a bunch of information about it."

"Okay, but you are going to see a doctor again. And when you do, I'm coming with you." Hail said, squeeing our now interlaced hands. We both smiled at each other, before she asked another question.

"Y/N, when I saw you, well bumped into you, I noticed that you were tearing up. Why?" My breath caught in my throat. My gaze falling down to my lap, after a few moments I got the courage to look back up at her.

"I just got surprised about somethings, which I really shouldn't be surprised about. That's all." I respond, she nods. I can tell she doesn't want to push the topic any further so she just gently rubs the back of my hand with her thumb.

"Wanna write about those things?" Haliee asks as she looks back over at me. I nod, she gets up and grabs a pen as well as pieces of paper along with a hard surface to write on. She hands them to me before taking a seat next to me once again.

"T-thanks." I mutter, furrowing my brows as I stare down at the blank paper. I can feel the other girl begin to lean against my body as she played with her phone. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Here we have Y/N, getting her writing mode on." I hear Haliee say in her best male announcer voice. I couldn't help, but chuckle as I open one of my eyes to see her snap chatting me. I smile and wink at the camera before the video could end. She laughed and posted it on her story. Her body once again leaned against mine and I looked back down at the piece of paper.

My thoughts were once again not making sense, but I began to write down whatever I could come up with...

- - - -