Chapter 17- brother bear saves the day

"No they don't," I admit. 

"But Rocky and I aren't normal. We have just encountered a little hurdle. Every set of friends have little hurdles. Just like me and Carter. That's the problem Hunter. Me. Not me and Rocky or me and Carter. Just me," I offer leaning my head back against his shoulder. Hunter shrugs and stays laid on our laps. Then is slightly taken aback by this information. She sits there quietly. 

"Anyway how's Jackson..." Rocky grins his look thanking me silently. This time Hunter sits up with the happiest grin on her face. 

"He is great, top notch kisser too" She giggles. This makes us all laugh. 

"Ew, we don't want to know!" both Rocky and I say at the same time which makes us laugh harder. 

"You and Carter are worse," Hunter finally lets out through her laughter. Which stops mine and Rocky's giggling. 

"Hunter shush. Okay... okaaay," I struggle to let out. Rocky offers me a smile. I can't be bothered thinking so I just bury my head in his neck and try compose myself. 

"I'm missing something aren't I... C'mon guys tell me the goss," Hunter nags playfully, not understanding. 

"We kissed, Hunter," Rocky decides to be honest before the teacher calls the class together. We bum shuffle a few metres to the teacher. As the teacher speaks Hunter's confusion/ curiosity is evident on her face. 

"Today we are working on our gymnastic skills. So get into groups of three. Stop the moaning boys," the teacher chuckles. Our group is already made. So we sit quietly as the rest of the class moves about and chatters about grouping.

Hunter opens her mouth as if about to speak. But closes it again. "Rora and Carter are having a break. Because of me," Rocky states, earning a scared look from me. 

"What, why...?" She questions. 

"It is not because of Rocky. It's because of dance. Rocky does contribute. But it is not his fault. Now can we just do this damn exercise. I'm happy. Rocky is happy. WE are happy, so let's just leave it at that," I whisper before jumping up. I didn't mean to sound rude. I feel terrible for jumping down her throat like that. She didn't mean to make me mad. I think I'm just super emotional today. Rocky stands up too, offering Hunter a hand up. 

"Thank you," she whispers wiping the dust off her bum. 

"Shush it," I grumble to his smirk, head-butting his back. 

"You know you made it sound like me and you are hooking up," He says blankly. I walk ahead of them as he explains. He always has the best intentions. He was offering Hunter information to save mine and her friendship.

Our group is on the beam first. Gymnastics is Rocky and my specialty we used to win medals for our skills when we were young. But we grew up and Rocky discovered he wasn't a fan of the Lycra. Hunter hugs me and tells me it wasn't my fault I snapped. She had been poking in my emotions. I feel guilty but brush it off. I climb on the beam winking at Rocky before doing cartwheel on the thin wood. I can hear him chuckling as I do a somersault off the end. Throwing my hands in the air like all the gymnasts when I land on my feet. 

"Good work Roars," he says when I run back to him and Hunter. 

"I had no clue you were good at Gymnastics," Hunter looks so surprised. 

"Wait till you see her on the box," Rocky chuckles before walking up to the beam. 

"If you thought. I was good watch this," I smile at Hunter and tilt my head towards my best friend. He jumps up and does a back flip and somehow lands back on the beam. By now the whole class is watching. It was our past, we never thought to discuss our previous successes. The whole class claps as Rocky runs back. He winks at me. They hadn't even seen his best.