Chapter 2- Let's get loopy

"You think so?" I raise my eyebrows at Rocky's statement.

"I know so," Rocky grins.

When I look over at Ryder and Carter. Ryder looks very serious as he talks, then all of a sudden he has a big grin. What is going on? Ryder thumps Carter's back before walking towards everyone else. Carter stands still for a moment, looking absolutely ecstatic.

"I win, you lose!" Rocky shouts, distracting me from Carter. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I squeal banging his back with my fists.

"Nah uh," Rocky runs around the room triumphantly.

"I have a good idea," Carter says from I don't know where.

"Take her. She's getting heavy," Rocky laughs loudly.

"Hey, that's mean," I slap his arm. I'm in the air for a moment. Before I'm dangled over yet another human's shoulder- Carter's, "you should put me down. My head is about to fall off," I say breathlessly. All the blood is rushing to my head.

"Not just yet," Carter chuckles, and I notice he is walking outside towards the pool.

"Don't you dare!" I scream.

"Do what?" He squeezes my sides.

"I know what you're doing," I barely whisper.

"Dude she's purple," one of the guys informs Carter.

"Oh shit," Carter quickly places me back on my feet.

"Thanks," I grumble and head back towards the house.

"Rora," Carter grabs my wrist, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I smile back at him.

"We should have a swim," Felix takes off his top and shorts, leaving him in his underwear and jumps into the pool.

What a great way to change the subject. All the boys do the same. Ryder nods at me telling me it's okay for me to do the same. I strip down to my bra and undies and walk to the pool nervously. Carter stands in front of me with his mouth open.

"Close your mouth, bugs don't taste good," I snigger, as I admire his shirtless abdomen. Tattoos cover his defined pecs, and his abs are too die for. But I'm not going to tell him that.

"You are the most gorgeous thing in the world," he steps forward to hug me.

"You're not too bad yourself," I sidestep him and push him into the pool. I stand there laughing until I feel myself being thrown in. When I emerge from the surprisingly warm water, I hear all the boys cheer. I climb out, pushing them all in. Except for Carter, he's hiding. I feel him loop his arms around my uncovered waist from behind.

"You look even better wet," he mumbles in my ear, making me shiver. Why is he letting the boys see? Isn't he scared that Ryder doesn't approve? He must have asked Ryder because he is just watching us smiling. Two guys come up behind us and push us in.

"I look like a drowned rat," I refer to Carter's last declaration before we were submerged in water.

"You look cute," he argues and swims towards his friends.

I jump onto Rocky's back and watch the boys wrestle and be boys from the comfort of my baby koala position.

"The football game starts in 15 minutes we better get out and shower and dress," Ryder says. The guys race into the house calling dibs on the showers.

"I call dibs on my shower," I whisper to Ryder. None of the other guys know that I have an ensuite except for Carter and Rocky who are still outside laughing.

"Can I join?" Carter jokes.

"No, not today, you three can have a turn after me," I say as we walk back inside. Carter pretends to cry earning a laugh from Ryder.

The shower is warm on my chilly body. I stand in the warmth for a while, before getting out, "finally," I hear Rocky sigh. Carter laughs at Rocky's dramatic sigh.

"Why are you in my bedroom while I was showering?" I question them when I open the door, dressed in fat pants and a sweater.

"You were taking forever," Rocky grumbles.

"I only just came in," Carter defends himself at the same time.

"Enjoy," I nod towards the bathroom. Someone yells that the downstairs bathroom is free and Rocky sprints out of the room.

Carter opens his mouth to reiterate that he wasn't watching me shower, "go shower Carter," I laugh, shoving him towards the bathroom.

The boys shout at the TV as if the football players can hear their distress. I sit in the corner of the room playing games on my phone. Rocky is sitting next to me, munching on corn chips loudly.

"Are you glad Carter likes you back?" he asks me.

"Yeah, how is Indi?" I ask Indi is Rocky's girlfriend. She comes over sometimes, and she's in my dance team. She's really nice.

"She's great I have to leave soon, we're having a late-night picnic," he says checking the time on his phone.

"Aw that's cute," I say elbowing him.

"I know, you and Carter will be doing that soon," he elbows me back.

When Rocky leaves, I say goodnight to everyone and retreat to my bed. I lie there replaying today's events in my head. I never thought Carter would ever like me, I am so happy he does. I can hear the boys talking loudly in the lounge. I can't get to sleep. I'm so restless.

I get out of my bed and walk into the lounge. Ryder smiles and pulls me down to sit next to him. I snuggle into his side, I know it sounds funny- I'm nearly 18, and I still cuddle my brother. But he's 3 years older than me, and I'm tired. I don't have a dad around to cuddle. So Ryder has to take that place sometimes

"I can't sleep," I mumble. Carter is staring at me from the recliner chair. I have bed hair and sleepy eyes.

"Come cuddle me its Ryder's turn," he says, holding my hands and pulling me onto his lap. I snuggle my head into his chest and can hear his heartbeat. I probably look like a cat with my legs tucked under my bum. Carter kisses my head, and I close my eyes, feeling like a little kid as I sense myself dozing off.

I wake when I feel myself being carried to bed. "Go back to sleep," I hear Ryder say as he pulls the blankets over me. He kisses my head and turns off the light. "Goodnight Rora, love you, my wittle sister," he says before shutting the door.