Chapter 8- Next level

When I wake up Carter's slow breathing fills the silence. He looks so peaceful. I lie there, staring at his beautiful face.

Everything is different. A week ago I was this girl who danced to get her mind off the guy she liked. I still had feelings for Levi amidst everything. Maybe that's why it is so hard to be around him. I am in love with Carter but Levi was there for me when mum and dad left. A week ago I spent my nights skimming through social media. Now I sleep next to the guy of my dreams. I want Levi to be my friend. I want him to be happy for me. I wish no one would ever hurt Bella again. I wish Mum and Dad were there for us. Only Carter can distract me from all the pain. Today better be good.

"What are you thinking about?" Carter's voice takes me out of my brain battle. 

"Just things," I wriggle closer to him.

 "What kind of things? You know you can tell me right?" He murmurs his face covered with concern. I stare at his sleepy face contemplating whether I should tell him. 

"I was thinking about how you're my paradise. Everything disappears when we're together," I whisper tangling my legs with his. 

"You are even better gorgeous," he smiles shuffling closer. So our bodies have no gap between. 

"I'm not gorgeous. I just woke up," I state plainly my morning breathe covers his face in the process. 

"You are more than gorgeous. I love this crazy lion mane with panda eyes," he chuckles earning a punch in the arm from me. "You're going to kiss that better," he scolds playfully, then kisses my nose. 

"No I'm not," I state suddenly realising I have no underwear on and attempt to get out of Carter's tight hold. 

"No you're staying here till you kiss me better," he squeezes me against him. 

"Ow. Can't. Breathe. Boobs. Dying. Ribs. Dying." I groan hitting his back. 

"Kiss me then," he says. I kiss him quickly on the lips and he is still squeezing me. 

"Please I need to put undies on," I groan. 

He  finally lets go of me. "I won't look if you don't want me to," he caresses my wrists. 

"You have to buy me Starbucks on the way to school," I bargain giving him a puppy dog face. I'm kidding and he knows it. His face lights up he leans forward and places a long kiss on my lips.

 "I don't want you to think I use you for your body. So tomorrow its a public holiday and I'm taking you to a surprise destination. We can be cute and hold hands. It will prove to the world I'm never gonna hurt you," he kisses my nose.

I release the top from my tight grip. Knowing that Carter doesn't want to push me to do anything. I pull the top over my head revealing my body, "I thought you messing with me. You actually have nothing underneath," he breathes his crotch shows his excitement. 

"Your turn," I barely whisper hoping he didn't hear me. He obviously does, because next thing I know he is naked. I stand there staring at his body.

"Shower time," he declares picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. He turns the water on with his spare hand and puts me down right underneath the warm water. He steps in and joins me. I reach up and grab the body wash from the shower basket. Carter smiles handing me a flannel. 

"We don't need that," I whisper excitement surging through my body. 

"You sure bub?" He asks as I squeeze the soap onto my hand.

I nod before slathering it all over his chest. Getting some more I wash his tanned abs. "How did I get an angel like you?" he murmurs next to my ear.