Chapter 3- A boyfriend?

I wake up to the smell of bacon. I walk downstairs to see the boys all gathered around the breakfast bar.

"Good morning," Ryder says holding his arms out for a hug. I hug him briefly and smile.

"Morning," I wave to everyone. Carter is standing at the sink pretending to be occupied, "morning Carter," I hug him from behind and kiss his cheek. He blushes, and that makes me feel special.

"Good morning, bub," he turns around and hugs me.

"We made you breakfast, " Jackson completely ruins the moment.

"Well I better head off," Ty says, "anyone need a ride home?" he asks as he grabs his keys. All the boys nod except for Carter and Ryder.

When they leave the house is quiet. I sit on a bar stool as the boys watch me. I push my plate towards them when I finish. "I better go to work, Carter wanna hang with Rora today?" Ryder winks at me. I blush and turn away, "don't wait until next week, you can ask her today," he says, making me frown.

"Ask me what?" I say, confused.

"You'll have to wait and see," Carter grins.

"See you later then," Ryder says walking out the door.

"Peace out Brussel sprout," I call out after him.

"Take care polar bear," he yells back before closing the door.

"Why are you staring at me with a creepy smile?" I look up at Carter.

"Oh no, I didn't mean to be creepy," he covers his mouth with his hand.

"I was kidding," I smile.

"Today is going to be the best day ever," Carter claps his hands together.

"And why is that?" I stroke my chin.

"Because I get to spend the day with you and your pretty face," he walks around the counter and turns my seat to face him.

"I ain't that gorgeous, I just woke up," I giggle. Carter frowns.

"You are stunning. I think bed hair is adorable," he places a hand on my knee.

"Well, I should probably shower, if we're planning on doing more than just sitting in the kitchen all day," I stretch my arms above my head and my back clicks.

"Be quick, cause I have somewhere I want to take you," he steps out of my way.

After my shower, I change into a summer dress and scoop my hair up with a scrunchie. Carter is busy drying the dishes when I get back downstairs, "you look gorgeous," he declares.

"Thank you. You do too," I take the plate from his hands and stack it into the cupboard, "so what's the plan?" I ask him with a big smile, once all the dishes are away.

"We're having a wee picnic at the beach/park down the street," he beams.

"Ooh sounds fun," I sing and walk towards the storage cupboard to fetch the picnic hamper.

"I was thinking we could make homemade pizzas and take them down," he suggests.

"Mm sounds like a good idea," I nod. I grab the pizza bases out of the fridge and start gathering all the potential ingredients we could use on our pizzas.

"I'll make one, you make one?" Carter pulls two bases out of the packet. I nod again and start assembling a sort of chicken, apricot and Camembert pizza. When I look over at Carter's, he has made a meaty one.

"Ooh they're already making my mouth water," I smile and slide the two trays into the oven, "are we planning on swimming at the beach?"

"Yeah, it's really nice out today," Carter points outside.

"I'll go get my togs and towel then," I declare.

"The water looks so beautiful," I marvel as Carter lays down the picnic mat.

"Let's eat, then we can swim," he pats the mat, hinting for me to sit down. We sit and chat about my dance team and school. I ask him about work and just enjoy the sun. It's fun people watching with Carter.

"Ooh, you even bought the little tarts we didn't eat yesterday," I pull out the box of treats Ava made for us. I pick one up, and that's when I notice the folded piece of paper underneath, "what's this?" I frown.

"Read it," Carter grins.

It says 'Rora, it's been a long time coming. I've been pretty shy to admit my feelings. But I can't deny them anymore, Rora, you are such an amazing girl. Will you be my girlfriend?' I look up at Carter with a huge smile on my face, "aw that's so sweet of Jackson," I smirk.

"Rora," Carter laughs, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course," I grin and lean over to kiss his cheek.

"Woohoo!" He cheers and pulls me closer. He tilts my chin towards his and kisses me slowly. We fall backwards, and I pull away laughing.

After a long swim and a stroll down the beach, hand in hand, we make our way back home. By the time we walk in the front door, we're hot again. We dump our bags on the dining table and run outside to jump in the pool. With no one else around, I wrap my legs around Carter's waist.

"I have a beautiful girlfriend," Carter sings.

"He does," I sing too.

"Hey, hey," he taps my butt, "what about me?"

"You're alright," I giggle.

"You're so mean to me," Carter shakes his head.

"Aw, I'm sorry. Woah, I actually am. I'm so sarcastic. Carter, I am so happy that you asked me to be your girlfriend. I have liked you for a long time. I know I wasn't very secretive about that. My heart is so happy that I finally get to kiss you in real life, instead of just in my dreams," I admit.

Carter smiles and leans in to kiss me. My back is pressed against the wall of the pool as the kiss becomes hotter. We both pull away to get our breath. His forehead rests against mine. Carter pokes his tongue out, teasing my lips. When it disappears back in his mouth, I frown. I poke my tongue out, copying him. We continue this game until I open my mouth when it's Carter's turn, poking my tongue out at the same time. Our tongues dance. The kiss intensifies, everything of the world fades away. I can't even hear Ryder walking to us.

"Not that fast Carter," I hear Ryder say breaking my trance.