Chapter 19- It's not fair

"First we strolled around the park. Then we fed the ducks. After that I went on the swing. We biked around the park. We went to the library. We then had lunch at PAPA'S. We just went to the beach and now I'm home," I flick the lighter on and off. 

"With whom may I ask?" Carter stands up and walks towards me. 

"Uhhhhmmm. You see, I don't think you want to know," I hold my finger over the flame. 

"Stop that, you'll hurt yourself," he growls, snatching the lighter from my hand. He already knows I was with Rocky. 

"Why did you skip school?" He frowns sitting back down. He seems really hurt.

 "I have a lot going on. I needed a break," I explain while I observe every fibre on the carpet. 

"I called in sick to work so I could give you lunch," he murmurs into dark silence.

 "I'm sorry," is all I can utter out. 

"He got to take you to your favorite places. It stings Rora. Physically," he mumbles as pulls his box of cigarettes from his pocket. 

"You made me distance myself from you. You really hurt me last night. I just wanted a hug and you pushed me away," I walk ahead of him towards the pool area. 

"Look Rora if Rocky is hanging out with you. I think I get to too. I'm sorry I made you sad. I just wasn't sure what to do. Don't push me away," he closes the glass sliding door behind us. 

"I'm not," I groan sitting down as he lights his smoke. "Rocky is being my best friend. He's not trying to win my heart. It's not like may the best man win. It never was, I have a feeling you and Ryder think it is. I have feelings and you hurt them," I sulk as he takes a frustrated drag from his cigarette. 

"Look, just try see it from my perspective and I'll try see it from yours," he grumbles as he sits down next to me. I nod and watch him inhale and exhale. He is so extremely hot when he smokes. It is somewhat a turn on. 

"You are so beautiful," I whisper subconsciously. 

"Aw Rora," he chuckles taking one last drag and stubbing it in the ash tray. 

"It's a turn on Carter," I mumble picking at my fingernails.

"Don't say that Roars. Please," he breathes deeply before walking back into the house.

"What do you want for dinner? " he tries to change the subject. 

"I don't really mind. Make anything," I take a seat on stool at the breakfast bar. 

"No I ain't making the food. You're the woman. Get in the kitchen lady," he chuckles. He always pulls that joke. So I just stay in my seat. 

"I guess we aren't eating tonight," I smirk. 

"Ah tough luck I guess," he laughs, he walks back into the lounge. 

"Okay, come get me when it's ready," I grin, walking towards my room. I flop down on my bed scanning through my social media. Nothing too exciting really. A girl from school is hospital because she ran in front of a car. I plug my phone into the speaker, turning on 'Pretty Hurts' by Beyonce. I let the music take over me. It feels good and right. I sing along as compose a beautiful dance. 

"Oh my gosh Rora, that's gorgeous, truly," Carter disrupts my tranquility causing me to fall and land on my bum. I glare at him before standing to pause my music. 

"What?" I snap. I was in my happy place, why did he ruin the moment?

 "We're having burritos. I was going to ask you if you wanted to help me make them. You don't have to if you don't want to. I can just bring it to you," he rushes to get the words out. I shouldn't be so snappy. He's hurting too.