↝four

IT WAS DARK BY THE time the train rolled into Hogwarts Station, and you could only see a few shining stars behind the scattered clouds

Mallie had already woken up, rubbing sleep from the corner of her eyes as she watched students disembark the train.

Hagrid's booming voice carried over the platform calling for first years, and reminding her that she was home.

One by one, people got up to leave the compartment.

She bid the Gryffindors goodbye and tottered behind Scarlette, who was still cooing over Seamus, towards the Thestral drawn carriages. He couldn't seem to get enough of the attention.

Mallie rolled her eyes. She knew that Seamus would be gone by the end of the semester, so didn't let it bother her so.

She managed to slip away from the two as they neared the carriages.

In the gaps between the flush of students, standing by the shortened Ravenclaw head of house, Professor Flitwick, Mallie spotted the two boys she was searching for.

Mallie weaved between the excess of people and leapt onto Cedric's back, causing him to stumble slightly before regaining his balance and standing straight, hiking her up on his shoulders to prevent either of them crashing.

"And Keeper Johanson leaps from her broomstick onto Captain Diggorys!" she attempted her best Lee Jordan impression.

"And Hufflepuff is through to the cup finals!"

"Ladies and gents," Lee's voice bounced around the stadium.

"We are running on twelve hours game time! Both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff seem to be running out of energy, if someone doesn't catch the snitch soon, folks, we'll be here all night."

She was in fourth year, Quidditch Cup semi finals. Ravenclaw was up 140 points.

"Hufflepuff keeper, Mallie Johanson, saves yet another goal but by the skin of her teeth. It's not looking good for the Hufflepuffs, they can now only rely on seeker, Cedric Diggory, if they wish to win tonight's game."

The Ravenclaw chaser was nearing Mallie at an incredible speed, and she could see the Quaffle tucked under his arm.

She was ready to dive again, save yet another goal, when she heard the sweet sweet sound of Lee Jordan's voice again:

"Is Diggory taking a dive there..? It looks like he has caught sight of the snitch..."

The crowd's breath halted, no one spoke ...

"He has it! Hufflepuff is through to the House Cup Finals!"

Adrenaline coursed through Mallie's veins, the crowd was screaming and exhaustion was hitting her in waves.