↝five

MALLIE HAD SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT with no more interruptions and at around five the next morning, found herself staring out the window by to her bed as the sun began to peek over the castle grounds

The rest of the girls were still asleep, she didn't blame them.

Mallie herself was surprised that she was actually conscious so early in the day.

She had tried willing herself to atleast another hour of sleep before her first class at eight, but sleep did not let.

Eventually getting up, Mallie decided a shower was best. The bathrooms were empty at this time, so she could enjoy her shower without being rushed.

Mallie then dressed and left the dormitory. The common room was as empty as expected and she only saw two or three other students on the way to the Great Hall.

As she walked into the hall, she glanced over the tables, hoping to see anyone she knew. All were faces she was unfamiliar with.

Deciding that sitting at the Hufflepuff table alone, drinking tea, was not such a bad idea, Mallie swiftly took a seat and pulled out a muggle romance novel she had been reading to keep her busy.

Mallie had barely gotten two sips into her tea and half a page into her book then the bench wobbled dangerously as two tall figures plopped down on the seats beside her.

"Miss Johanson, what brings you up at such a time?" said George.

"Surely you should still be asleep?" Fred added.

Mallie glanced between them,
"I could ask you two the same thing."

Fred chuckled and George reached for a piece of toast and bit into it, messing crumbs all over his black jersey.

"Nothing sinister," Fred grinned.

"You wouldn't mind if we joined you for breakfast?" He asked and George gave her an expectant look.

"Not at all." Mallie smiled, looking at George through her lashes as she took a sip of her tea.

××××

By now it had been atleast an hour or so, and the hall was starting to fill up with students.

Mallie and the Weasley twins had sat talking and eating breakfast in enjoyable conversation.

"I would ask you what your favourite house is, but I'm pretty sure you would say Hufflepuff." George said.

They were playing 21 questions.

"I would aswell, but I'm pretty sure you would also say Hufflepuff," Mallie threw back at him and he chuckled.

They were pulled out of their conversation by the loud scraping noise of someone pulling out a bench for themselves to sit.