↝twenty two

MALLIE WAS DEFINITELY THIRD WHEELING

Scarlette has convinced her that she was hungry and cold enough to follow them inside.

Mallie had glanced at the path leading back up to the castle, she knew she didn't want to walk back alone, so agreed.

They were seated in the booth beside the tall paned window looking out into the snowy streets of Hogsmeade, Scarlette and Jacob were attached by the face and Mallie was desperately trying to entertain herself with the raindrops running down the window.

They'd been there long enough for her tea to arrive and for the two across her to take a breath or two, but Mallie was itching to get back to her warm dorm room.

She took another look at Scarlette and Jacob, took a last sip of her tea and stood up.

"I'm just gonna go," She mumbled, more to herself than anything, and grabbed her bags.

They could pay for her tea, she thought, it's the least they could do.

Mallie spared a look back at the two as she opened the doors of Madam Puddifoot's to leave, they hadn't even noticed she'd left.

She shook her head irritably as she made her way up towards the lonely, icy path back to the castle.

She had barely reached the clearing outside of Hogsmeade when a voice called out behind her,

"Hey Mallie!"

She stopped and swiveled to look around, hands deep in her pockets and her scarf reaching up around her ears.

Fred and George were grinning, both in matching pairs of knitted blue beanies. Red hair peeking out over their foreheads, and Mallie smiled.

"Hey boys," She said.

"Why're you alone then?" George asked, adjusting his shopping bags in his hands.

Mallie shrugged,
"Scarlette. Long story."

"You heading back to the castle?"
Fred asked.

"Yeah, I was."

Both of them huffed, "No, you're not. It's still early, come with us to Zonkos."

Mallie blinked at them, and then shook her head.
"I don't want to interfere with your brother bonding day or anything ..."

Fred rolled his eyes and walked over to link his arm with hers, "Nonsence, we need to get some stuff there and it's not safe you walking back alone to the castle."

Mallie smiled and agreed.
Feeling much happier, Mallie walked beside the twins and they made their way through the snowy center of Hogsmeade to Zonko's Joke Shop.

She had only been into the shop itself a handful of times over her visits to Hogsmeade and found that it became more interesting every time she entered in.