↝twenty three

"WE'LL MEET YOU GUYS in the library, okay?"

Everyone had branched off to go put their purchases down in their respective common rooms.

The twins disappeared down one corridor while West accompanied Mallie down the other towards the Hufflepuff common room.

It was a short walk to Mallie's room and the two were soon making their way back to the library.

"... And then, I opened it, and it was a tiny little frog! I was playing with the same one in the store, and he bought me one." Mallie told West, her voice dripping in adoration.

He smiled at her, shaking his head,
"I don't say this often but, you know Scarlette is right."

Mallie took a moment to comprehend what West was saying.

She nodded, more to herself.

"I know."

West's eyes widened a bit,
"So you do know then. You like George?"

Mallie let out a large breath and whined pathetically before digging her face into West's shoulder,
"I do, I do. A lot."

West chuckled, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.
"Could've told you that." He said playfully.

Mallie shoved him lightly.

"I can't stop thinking about him." She whispered, half hoping that West wouldn't hear.

"I know." West said consolingly.

Mallie knew West was the right person to tell. He always was.

She took another moment to pull herself together and linked around West's elbow as they walked.

The two managed to find a seat on the couch by the fire and Mallie was just pulling off her gloves when a loud and excited body spotted them in their spots.

"Mallie!" It was Charlie.

"Hey," She turned on the couch to smile at him.

Charlie grinned widely and he came to stand in front of the couch Mallie was perched on.

"Mal," he said slowly, not sitting down. Mallie frowned in confusion and sat up.

"Char ...?"

Charlie took a deep breath and then plunged his hand into his robes and pulled out what Mallie identified to be a bracelet of blue and white flowers.

Mallie blinked up at the corsage in his hand, the light of the fire dancing off of them.

Mallie knew instantly that this was what Charlie had broken off from West to go and do this afternoon in Hogsmeade.

There was more commotion behind her, but Mallie didn't look.

"What's going on here?" Freds's voice carried from behind her.