↝twenty six

GEORGE WOKE UP ONLY a few hours later, just before seven o clock

Since then, however, he'd been pestering Madam Pomfrey (who'd walked in only ten minutes after he'd woken up- too only mildly surprised that he was there) to see Mallie.

"Mr Weasley, I don't know how many times I have to tell you that visiting hours begin from nine to eleven!"

He sighed, "Fine. I'll wait."

And he did.

Around quarter to nine, Fred walked in with two buttered pieces of toast and a cup of coffee.

"Thought my brother might be hungry." He said, Fred's eyes flickered over the early sunshine filled wing.

"Thanks," George replied meekly.

"Can we see her?" He asked.

George shook his head, a mouthful of toast, "Nine 'a clock."

Fred nodded,

"Have you.." he sat down beside George.

"Have you thought about what we're going to say? To Mallie I mean.. when she wakes up?"

George nodded and downed the last of his coffee bleakly, "Haven't stopped."

Thereafter they sat in silence, Fred didn't push the subject anymore.

In his mind, he was racking up all the possible ways to apologize to Mallie, but how could you apologize to someone you put in hospital.

Eventually, nine o clock rolled around, and Pomfrey let the two boys sit at her side.

Neither of them said anything, George reached out letting his fingertips graze her pale forehead: her breath faltered a moment before falling back into rhythm.

"What are they doing here?" An angry voice echoed down the length of the wing.

Cedric and Scarlette followed Charlie as he stormed into the room,
George groaned.

Great, he thought.

"Mr Walowits! This is a hospital wing and people are trying to rest, please keep your voice down." Madam Pomfrey appeared out of her office.

Charlie pulled a sour face but nodded, "Sorry professor."

Cedric neared Mallie's bed and offered the twins a curt nod, he leaned down beside Mallie who lay fast asleep.

The white hospital dress she was wearing had been pulled up to cover the acre of scars George had noticed last night along her chest and neck and he could not be more grateful.

Charlie strut towards them with trouble in his eyes but Cedric gave him a look to say something along the lines of 'don't even think about it'.