↝eight

AFTER THAT NIGHT, Mallie didn't see the two pranksters until the morning before Halloween; the day Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were set to arrive

She had set her alarm early that morning for class, but when it rang, smacked the snooze button and fell right back to sleep.

She didn't know how long she'd slept in when Shark's screeching from the corner of the room eventually managed to coax her out of bed.

She glanced at the clock on her bedside table and did a double take, she was already 20 minutes late for her first class: Potions.

Mallie still believes that she had never moved faster than she had that day, rushing to throw on clothes and grab books before sprinting across the castle.

Snape refused to let her in due to her tardiness. Surprise surprise.

Mallie stood irritated outside the door that Professor Snape had just slammed in her face, scowling at the intricate design of the door silently before turning on her heel and trudging down the corridor angrily.

The brunette swiftly made her way to the doors of the library (she tripped once but no one saw that) and waltzed in.

Her eyes scanned the room, for the most part it was empty, and Mallie was about to take a seat at an empty desk when she noticed a head of blonde hair crouched down at a table a little way away.

Mallie smiled to herself before pulling out a chair across from him, and plonked herself down opposite him.

Charlie looked up momentarily confused, but a grin broke out onto his face when he recognized her,

"What are you doing out of class?" Mallie asked as she leaned over to place her head in her hands.

Charlie squinted at her, "I could ask you the same thing."

She huffed irritably, "Kicked out of Snape's, overslept."

"Back to you Mr Walowits, why're you here?"

Charlie strung a mysterious smile and wiggled his eyebrows,

"Ditching." He said simply.

Mallow huffed humorously,
"As if, you're too goody-two-shoes to ditch."

Charlie gave an indignant look of hurt to Mallie as his eyebrows furrowed,
"Am not.." he mumbled.

Mallie giggled, "Why are you really not in class?"

Charlie sighed and gave in,
"Prefects get the day off to help get the castle ready for our guests."

"Knew it." Mallie laughed and leaned over to poke him in the shoulder, Charlie shoved her off.

Mallie's eyes once again scanned the partially empty library and noticed that most of the students she could see were sporting a Prefect badge.

"Where's West?" she wondered out loud.