↝twenty five

IT WAS ALMOST MIDNIGHT according to the clock against the wall and Mcgonagall's office was bone chillingly freezing

The twins sat alone in chairs opposite her desk. Minerva wasn't there.

"You two wait right here, I'll be back."

They sat in silence for what must have been over an hour.

A bird had been tapping at the window for most of that time, but George had stopped listening.

He just remembers screaming, Scarlette's mostly. A lot of his own.

And blood.

George wrapped his red soaked robes around his index finger,

"George, she's not moving!"

He pressed the fabric hard between his fingers,

"Fred! Fred, George!"

A small tear appeared where his fingers had lifted pressure.

Scarlette's voice bounced around his brain, echoing in terror.

George wrapped his hands around Mallie's waist and lifted her onto his lap, "Mal.. Mal!"

He can't remember ever feeling so afraid.

Mallie was held tightly against George's chest, she was wobbling but there wasn't a single chance that he would drop her, even as he ran.

The door swung open behind them, Mcgonagall stormed in and swung it back closed.

George jumped up, "Is she okay?"

Minerva didn't waste any time sending him a glare accompanied with a
"Sit down, Mr Weasley," before too taking her seat opposite them.

"The cupboard Ms Johanson crashed into has caused severe splints in her chest area. She has suffered several broken bones and has sustained a serious head injury, she may not wake up for a few days."

The lump in George's throat grew to the size and weight of a large stone.

"I bought the nicest dress, George.
Cost me all my Christmas savings from last year."

"What's it look like then?" He replied.

"You'll just have to see it on the night of the Ball, won't you?"

"I hope you two are proud of yourselves." Mcgonagall said.

"Look, Professor--" Fred started, his first words in over an hour.

"Mr Weasley, I don't want to hear it. You two are banned from the Yule Ball and will be spending every Friday for the next three months in detention!"

Mcgonagall's jaw shook with anger, her face a shade the twins were grateful to say they hadn't had the misfortune of seeing before.

"You will also each be writing a note to Mallie's mother explaining what happened and your apologies. Now, I know you two enjoy the odd prank, but someone has been severely hurt, boys. I would have thought higher of you."