thirty three

"HE KISSED ME

"HE KISSED ME."

Mallie was sat in the plush armchair of the Hufflepuff common room, West on the couch opposite her but close enough that they could talk unheard.

It was the following night after Mallie left George wordless outside her common room and she had spent the next 48 hours hiding out in her Hufflepuff dormitory, too scared to bump into George in the corridors.

West's eyes widened, "That's great!"

He noticed Mallie's eyes draw down to her fumbling fingers in guilt,

The brunette drew in a breath,
"...What happened?"

"I.. may.. have run away .. after we kissed.." Mallie confessed.

West dropped his head into his hands, "Of course you did."

"I just freaked out! What if it was a pity kiss..."

Her eyes followed the vines crawling up the walls of the common room, "Still, what if it was just a kiss? What if, what if he doesn't even like me and wants nothing more?"

West smiled empathetically at her, "Know the feeling."

Mallie was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't even hear him. West continued.

"You really like him, huh?"

Mallie's eyes looked up from her Christmas socks to look him in the eyes, but said nothing.

××××

"And.. and she kissed me back." George was lain on his bed facing the bunk above him, mindlessly tracing the patterning on its sheets.

"Ugh! Finally." Fred exclaimed from his own bed across the otherwise empty dorm room.

George turned his head to give his brother a glare,

"What!" Fred said in defense, "Every time you guys look at each other you're practically having eye sex!"

George huffed, "Apparently not. She ran away after I kissed her, she wants nothing to do with me."

"Ouch, bro." Fred said, unable to find a more fitting response.

"Thanks Fred."

Fred sighed and climbed up off his bed to sit to George's, "Look Georgie, everything is gonna be fine. She's so into you, this must just be a mistake, alright?"

George shut his eyes but nodded.

××××

Both George and Mallie spent most of the holiday hiding out in their rooms, peeking around corners to get to the dining hall to make sure that the other was not in sight.

Mallie avoided all questioning by her overcurious blonde friend. Scarlette, however, still asked every time Mallie's eyes flickered to the hall entrance in anxiousness if anybody walked in.

Cedric, however, was less nosy. Mallie figured that West had told him, and she was okay with that.

Scarlette, on the other hand, had the biggest mouth Mallie knew of.

It was a snowy but warming day outside the castle, school would be starting the next morning.

West had promised to write to his mother about his December holidays and so found himself trudging the icy steps up to the owlery to find Shark that Mallie said he could borrow.

"He needs some exercise anyways,"

Without noticing, West bumped head first into a chest coming down the stairs.

His shoes skid and unsuccessfully tried catching a grip on the stairs again, and West had already accepted his fate that he would be tumbling down the stairs at any moment when two hands wrapped around his forearms and he was pulled into the same warm chest he'd bumped.

"Gotcha," A voice above him said quietly.

West clung on a moment longer before trying to stand again, this time successfully, and looked up.

Fred was clad in a thick coat and purple woolen beanie that West did not think was cute at all.

"Hey..Fred.." West said, his heart still pumping from the adrenaline of his almost fall,

"What're you doing up here?"

"Oh! It's only my pleasure for catching you, dear princess!" Fred said dramatically, with his arms flailing in a heroic manner.

West rolled his eyes, "Thanks."

Fred smiled again, this time softer, "No problem West. I'm sending a letter to my parents, nothing troublesome today."

"I doubt that."

Fred chuckled, "Regardless, did you hear about our two?"

West frowned, "Mallie and George?"

"Of course! Those two are so bloody blindly crazy for each other."

West nodded, "Absolutely agreed."

Fred's eyes flickered down to the letter in West's hand, "Well, let me leave you to it then."

"Uh, oh yeah.. sure."

Before West could say anything more, Fred had already passed him on the stairs.

"Catch you later, gorgeous!" He called from a few steps below, "Get it? Catch you later? Be careful on your way down!"

His voice faded as Fred continued down the stairs and eventually out of sight, West stood frozen on the steps trying to ignore the fact that Fred did not just called him "gorgeous".

××××

hi friends!

If you can't get enough of our lil angel Georgie, go check out Marmalade my other book!

I know I know I'm a terrible person ...
I'm sorry, but here's a small filler just to make me feel better:(

(Not edited lol apologies)
Exams are coming up but I'll try my mostest, I love you guys.

-Mel