↝nine

EXCITEMENT TWISTED IN MALLIE'S stomach as she frantically dragged the twins by their wrists towards the balconies, where all the students were waiting in anticipation for the other schools to arrive

"Woah, Mal. What's the rush?" Fred chuckled from behind Mallie as he struggled to keep up with the brunette.

"If we don't get a good spot," Mallie said distracted, "We won't be able to see anything."

"Sure we will." George huffed, Mallie was faster than she looked.

She paused momentarily to look back at him with irritation,
"You seem to forget that not all of us are as tall as tree trunks."

The twins laughed,
"You can sit on my shoulders if you'd like."

Mallie disregarded George's suggestion with an eye roll (and a blush) as she continued to weave through the crowd, Fred and George following close behind her.

She spotted the dirty blonde head of hair and pulled the two brothers in Scarlette's direction.

"Miss anything?" Mallie asked Scarlette who took a moment and looked up from cooing Seamus to reply,

"Oh no nothing yet." she said nonchalantly and then leaned over Mallie to get a good look at the twins.

"Hello boys.." she winked flirtatiously.

The two boys looked noticeably uncomfortable and Seamus most of all.

"Hello." they replied politely.

Mallie managed to stiffle a laugh but George noticed and gave her a light shove to the side.

There was a noticeable change in the students, and Dumbledore's voice soon rippled over the students in excitement:

"Aha! Unless I am mistaken, the Beauxbatons delegation approaches!"

×××

There was a tangible buzz in the Great Hall that evening. Hogwarts students were seated first, Mallie sat at the Hufflepuff table where the twins as well as West, Scarlette and Charlie joined her and Cedric.

Even Lee Jordan, who Mallie had grown to like very much, sat amongst them.

The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were asked to find space at any of the tables and a couple Durmstrang boys came to sit nearby Mallie and her friends.

Although with Scarlettes heavily flirtatious looks and first three buttons of her collared undone, Mallie had a strong feeling she knew why they did.

West had a look on his face that said he knew aswell.

Nevertheless, as food started to be dished, the conversation began swiftly amongst students of the three schools.