↝seven

MALLIES QUICK FOOTSTEPS echoed lightly down the corridor she slunk down, hoping not to be caught

Her feet carried her up the stairs that lead towards the Astronomy tower and she quietly tried opening the doors, they were locked.

"Alohamora."

Mallie then carefully swung the door open and smiled as she stepped out into the chilly night air.

She found a comfortable spot by one of the pillars and took a seat, she pulled her coat tighter against her torso as she gazed up at the stars.

It was rare that Mallie couldn't sleep, but when she couldn't, she found herself up at the Astronomy Tower staring at the stars for a while before eventually heading back to bed.

It always did the trick.

The brunette sat and watched the night sky, and before she realized what was happening, her green eyes had slipped shut and she'd fallen asleep.

××××

Mallie could only have been out for an hour when clambering footsteps started making their way up the stairs, footsteps that startled her awake.

At first she was confused as to where she was. But she quickly located her surroundings.

How the bloody hell have I fallen asleep out in this cold?

She was soon reminded of the footsteps: they were coming closer.

Mallie quickly got up and leaned up against the pillar in the hopes that they would not notice her and she could slip past them.

"--Funny, the door's usually locked.." Mallie heard a voice say, it gave her a fright when she realised how near it was.

She thought she recognised the voice, but didn't trust herself as she could barely hear anything over the beating of her heart drumming in her ears.

Mallie tried to take a step towards the exit when she slipped on a piece of frost and clambered loudly to the ground.

"Mallie?"

She cringed and took a moment before looking up, expecting to see Flitwick or perhaps Dumbledore.

When she did, instead, she was met with a large pair of brown eyes:

"George?" Mallie grabbed her heart, breathing deeply before smiling.

The two twins looked at her before George helped her off the floor,