↝thirty

MALLIE HAD TRIED TO create time for her and Scarlette to relax until it was an appropriate hour for the two to start getting ready for the evenings ball, but this proved harder than she'd originally thought

Several students came up to them while they were enjoying Christmas morning tea in the Hall with her dorm mates, offering her their thoughts and well wishes.

Mallie was stunned at the amount that knew about what had happened, people she barely spoke to were greeting her with hugs and airy conversation.

At a point, Oliver Wood, who Mallie had only one experience with came up to check on her.

But with the uncharacteristically nervous smile he offered Maya before leaving made Mallie question his true intentions at her table.

When quizzed on the moment, Maya admitted that they'd been talking more.

But soon, being interviewed by Scarlette seemed to become too intense for her liking as Maya did nothing but blush at the last few accusations.

It wasn't long before Mallie dragged Scarlette back into the Hufflepuff common room, seeking a couple moments of peace and quiet.

They spent most of the rest of the day lying on Mallie's bed eating through the numerous heart shaped boxes of chocolates Scarlette had received from boys around the school.

"Still going with Jacob?" Mallie inquired of Scarlette, who waved her off.

"Suppose so," She said.

Mallie frowned, "Trouble in paradise?"

Scarlette rolled her eyes at her friend, "Regina came to me this morning..."

Mallie sat up, "And?"

"She saw Jake and Pansy Parkinson behind the Quidditch bleachers last night, you know, enjoying each others company..."

Silence settled between the two.

"I'm sorry Scar."

Scarlette quickly perked up again, "Don't be. Plus, I've got you and Charlie to thirdwheel. I suppose it's my turn."

"You're damn right it's your turn." Mallie mumbled jokingly.

"But, I don't know, I just didn't want it to ... be him, you know?" She huffed silently.

Scarlette chuckled, "Yeah, you wanted it to be Mr G. Weasley.."