↝thirteen

PALE WITH COLD, Mallie's thin fingers closed over the brown envelope and flipped it over to find a freshly stamped Hogwarts Crest on the seal

"Who's it from?" George asked quietly.

She carefully opened it, pulled out the piece of parchment buried within and unfolded it.

Good afternoon Ms Johanson,

I was hoping I could see you in Greenhouse Three sometime this afternoon regarding your absence from class yesterday.

Yours sincerely,
Professor Sprout.

Mallies stomach twisted unpleasantly, she knew she shouldn't have listened to Charlie.

"Oh," George had been reading over her shoulder and had obviously caught on.

Mallie wasn't very used to being in trouble and nervously went to stand.

"Where you off to in such a rush?" Lee asked from the grass.

She held up the letter, "G-Gotta go see Sprout, I'll see you guys later..."

There were a chorus of goodbye's from the group and she turned to walk towards the greenhouses.

However, a hand caught her before she could walk more than a few feet.

George pulled her closer to him,
"I could come with you if you want?" He asked.

Mallie shook, "Thanks George, but no.
I have to.. deal.. with this.."

Before she could turn to leave again, a thought struck her and Mallie went to unwrap the cloak from her shoulders,

"George! Your cloak..." Mallie began undoing the knot beneath her neck.

Georges hands closed over her own, stilling her movements and causing her heart to leap slightly into her throat. 

"I'll get it from you later, okay?" His voice was so quiet and so sincere in a way Mallie hadn't heard it before.

All she could do was nod pathetically.

George smiled lightly before pulling back his hands and before returning to his seat in the circle, he watched Mallie's figure fade off into the distance.

The grounds were fairly empty as Mallie made her way to Greenhouse Three, everyone noticeably avoiding the chilly british weather.

Her heart beat loudly in her chest and nerves bubbled in her stomach, was she going to get detention?

The thought of Professor Sprout, one of the kindest women she knew, giving her detention crossed her mind.

It was unlikely, but possible.