𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

You've been driving for 4 out of 6 hours. You were incredibly tired, your eyelids felt like there was a ton of tiny bricks on them, weighing them down, threatening for them to close.

It was dark out, you made a few pit stops on your way for a bathroom break, and you managed to buy a pistol, just in case. When getting back into your car, you would sometimes get a notification, putting you off your mission for a while.

There was one point you were scrolling on Pinterest mindlessly for hours in your car, instead of driving to your destination.

It was an app you downloaded, and in the span of a week, you were addicted. Looking at cute clothes, interior designs, shit like that.

You were running low on fuel, in both ways. Meaning, low fuel on the car, and on yourself. You were hungry, thirsty and tired. You snacked on all of your food you had in the span of an hour and a half.

You rubbed your eyes with one hand, and blinked rapidly in order for you to keep awake.

It was like the heavens had descended down upon you as you witnessed a gas station in the distance.

You pulled in, and placed your car next to one of the re-fuel stations. You clambered out of your car, shutting the door, and pumped your car up with gas.

You headed to the store to pay. Once inside, you first scanned the aisles, and grabbed some essentials you needed.

You headed towards the cashier, who seemed to be a grumpy woman who hated her job, but there was already a man there paying, he had his hood up. You waited patiently, but it seemed like there was a..quarrel, going on between the two.

The man scanned his card on the machine to pay, which the cashier returned with "It wasn't accepted" as she took a puff of her cigarette. You were highly unsure if she was even allowed to do that on her shift. The man furrowed his brows. "What?"

The woman sighed "Your card, wasn't accepted" She said slowly, as if he were a baby.

The man scoffed "Yeah I heard you, I just mean that there's enough money on my card for me to pay for this" He gestured to the 6-pack of beer he was buying.

Shrugging with a scowl, the woman said "Nothing I can do about that, pal. If it's not accepted, then it ain't accepted. Your gonna have to pay with cash" She took another puff of her cigarette.

He rolled his eyes, and checked his pockets for any cash. He bit the inside of his cheek, unsuccessful.

"Man, got no cash either? Bummer" the woman smiled sarcastically, exhaling the smoke from her lips.

You sighed loudly, and stepped forward so you were stood next to the man. "Here" You scanned your card on the machine, and payed for his pack of beer. "Problem solved"

"What a kind hearted soul" You could literally smell her sarcasm, as well as the disgusting stench of the nicotine stick she was clutching, as she also put her hand on her heart.

The man turned to you, his brown eyes softening. "Hey, thanks-" he was cut off by the cashier rushing him out of the store. He scurried away and out the store.

You plopped your things on the counter. "I also re-fuelled my car" as you told her how many litres. She nodded as she pressed some buttons on the register, and started scanning your items. "Cash or credit?"

You narrowed your eyes at her. "What do you think?"

She raised her hands in defence "Alright, whatever" She set up the machine, as you scanned it successfully. She got a plastic white bag for you, and was about to actually bag your items up for you, before you stopped her.

"Don't bother" you smiled sarcastically. "I wouldn't want to waste any more of your precious time by tiring out your already decaying bones" you shot at her, gesturing to the cigarette between her fingers. You stuffed your items in the bag, and exited the store, leaving the woman stunned.

As you pushed the door open, you collided with that man from earlier.

"Oh shit, sorry I didn't see you there" you apologised. "No no, don't worry about it" he waved his hand.

"Anyway, before that bitch rushed me out, I just wanted to say thank you. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there" he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

His hood was down and you got a good look at him. He looked the same age as you, short, messy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was quite handsome.

Clearing your throat, you responded "It's no problem. It was the right thing to do. And that woman was being such a bitch about it" You both chuckled.

"I owe you big time" he said sincerely, while he took out his wallet and put his credit card back in.

"You mean, with the cash you don't have? Or from the card with no money on it?" you joked, a smile forming on your face.

"Haha, very funny" he rolled his eyes playfully "But seriously"

"No seriously, it's fine. It was nothing" you shrugged. He returned the shrug "If you say so"

"I'm gonna get going, I have a long drive ahead of me" you smiled, pointing to your car.

"Yeah me too actually" he said, backing up to his car.

"Cya later stranger" you called out to him, waving. He waved back, and opened his car door.

Suddenly, you noticed something out of the corner of your eye. You looked down, and saw a plastic card. You picked it up, it fit perfectly in the palm of your hand.

There was a photo of a man on it, and you immediately recognised it as the guy you just bought a six-pack of beer for.

It was his driving license. It must have fell out of his wallet when he pulled it out.

"Hey, you dropped thi-" you started to call out, but stopped when you realised the man had already drove off.

It's a bummer he lost his driving license, but at least it's not in the wrong hands. You'll keep this safe and return it to him, if fate decides to put you two together again.

You got into your car, placing the bag of essentials in the passenger seat. You took another look at his driving license.

"Mike Schmidt" you read his name aloud.

You shrugged, tossing the card on the passengers seat. You put your keys in the ignition, the car coming to life once again, and drove out of the gas station.

———————————————
A/N

im alive!!

im sooo sorry ive been so inactive, the last time i published a chapter on this book was at the beginning of June and now it's the end of September..i apologise again!

I've been busy with stuff at home, and stuff at school, and i just needed to sort myself out. i hope y'all understand.

Now im back, and now im okay, i'll really try to post as often as i can, but im not sure how long it'll be.

anyways..what do we think of the new chapter 😘😘

also..we met mike!! 😝😝
hes gonna come back in the next few chapters, don't worry.

Also, when i described his looks, i described him as Josh Hutcherson who is playing Mike in the FNAF movie, just so you know.

Thank you for all your love and support on my books! I really appreciate it!

Don't forget to vote!

i love you all so much
-ava<3