𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

It's been about half an hour, and you and Mike have been all over the damn office. Rushing back and forth between the cameras and the system restart menu monitor. And also having to get the crowbar and your baseball bat at the ready just in case Afton decided to give you a little surprise.

There have been some times where Afton got uncomfortably close to the office. You would always flinch every time the loud beeping noise from the system restart menu went off, or when you heard him shifting quite loud in the vents. You know he did it on purpose just to tease you. You actually heard him chuckle lowly to himself at one point. He really did seem to get off on the sight of fear.

Psychotic fuck.

It was approximately 12:32am. You felt like time was going so slow.

Mike was checking cameras and you kept an eye on the system restart menu. You leant uncomfortably against the wall just next to the monitor, while Mike sat comfortably on the cushioned swivel chair. He had his feet up on the desk while munching on a KitKat he rudely stole from your stash (you offered). It was like he was relaxing at home.

You yawned, surprisingly loudly, as nothing major had happened in about the 10 minutes that passed.

A sudden feeling of fatigue washed over you. You felt like your eyelids weighed like a ton of bricks. You let your eyes close for about 5 seconds.

Until you jumped out of your skin at the sound of the blaring alarm coming from the system restart menu. You turned the monitor towards you and pressed the Camera systems button that had the lettering error next to it.

A few seconds passed and the flashing red lights stopped flashing, and the ear piercing alarm stopped abruptly.

You sighed and rubbed your eyelids, hoping to rub the sleep away. Mike turned on his swivel chair to face where you stood behind him.

"You okay?" he asked sincerely, taking the last bite of his KitKat.

You nodded "Just tired" and forced a smile.

You headed over to the desk and unzipped your bag that was on top of it, and pulled out one of your Dr Pepper cans.

It opened with a satisfying click-crunch, however you would describe it, and you sipped on it, the flavour melting in your mouth.

You saw Mike watching you intently out of the corner of your eye.

"Take a picture" your tilted your head at him "It'll last longer" you smirked.

He blinked rapidly as if trying to snap out of a trance. "Sorry, it's just.." he trailed off. You gave him a look, telling him to continue.

"Just how can you drink that? It's ass" he declared, hinting to your Dr Pepper.

You pointed at him in a playful warning. "Never, ever..disrespect Dr Pepper in front of me"

He held his hands up in defence "Oh, crucify me" he pleaded sarcastically, smirking.

You scoffed playfully "When was the last time you even drunk this deliciousness?"

He bit the inside of his cheek and stayed quiet for a moment. "When I was like..12" he admitted.

You shook your head in disappointment "Taste buds can change. Why not try it again for old times sake?" You smiled, holding the can out towards him.

He stared at the can in your head, then shrugged, as if thinking, how bad can it be? He took the can from your hand gently and took a sip. You waited intently for his reaction.

He swallowed it and stared to the side, as if waiting for the taste to kick in. After a second, he gave you a guilty look and took another sip, a mouthful actually.

You laughed "Okay buster, slow your roll" You took the can from his hands, and gave him a 'I told you so' look.

He rolled his eyes playfully "Okay okay, I admit..it's nice" You cheered victoriously, making him laugh. "I rest my case" you stated, taking another gulp.

It was quiet for a moment for what seemed like the umpteenth time tonight, until the uncomfortable alarm sounded through the room again, red lights blaring.

You set your can down on the desk, and strided over, and pressed the Ventilation button. You then heard clanging coming from the vents literally a second later. After another few seconds, everything went back to normal.

You turned back around and looked into the vent that was just beside Mike to see if you could see Afton crawling up, but thankfully, there was no sign of him.

You stood up straight, and flinched when you saw a figure outside the window. You relaxed when you realised it wasn't Afton, but it was still odd. You narrowed your eyes at it.

Mike noticed you staring, and looked out the window too, but he just looked confused.

"What the hell is that?" you questioned.

Mike just looked even more confused. "What? What the hell is what?"

You looked at him and then back at the figure, which was just a black silhouette, and pointed at it "That"

In detail, it seemed to be something quite plump, it was like you were watching someone's shadow, and it was hunched over, and looked like it was limping towards the entrance of the office.

"Y/N, there's nothing there" he retorted, he looked and sounded concerned.

You took a closer look, and you half convinced yourself it looked like it had..ears of a bear, and a top hat.

"Holy shit, Mike, I think its-"

But before you could finish your sentence, the figure ducked down below the window, and then resurfaced, but this time, directly in front of you, and it pounced at you with a deafening screech.

You screamed in horror, and fell back, covering your face with your arms. When you thought it pounced on you, it kind of went through your body, then..disappeared, like it was just a jumpscare.

Mike quickly got up from his chair and kneeled beside you. Your breathing was shaky, as your chest raised up and down rapidly. He put a hand on your shoulder and gently lowered your arms away from your face. Your eyes were shut tightly.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay" he reassured, as he squeezed your shoulder. You opened your eyes and looked out the room frantically, your breathing slowing down.

Once you were clear the figure had disappeared, you let out a loud sigh of relief, and put your face in your hands.

Mike rubbed your back softly, as you collapsed into his chest. He was surprised at first, but quickly wrapped his arms around you protectively.

You didn't cry. You were just scared out of your mind.

The figure looked an awful lot like Freddy.

—————————————-
A/N

came up with the idea of adding in at least a phantom animatronic about 5 minutes before i wrote this chapter.

also, dr pepper is my life. nobody, NOBODY, can convince me it tastes bad. not even Michael Afton who i have now dr pepperfied

anyway, that's all for now!
-ava<3