𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

June 13th, 2015.

That was your daughters birthday.

Yes, it was a girl, and you were over the fucking moon. And as promised, Mike let you pick the name.

You had thought for so long what you wanted to call your future kid. And you found the perfect one, after so much overthinking. You weren't gonna call her something basic, because that would be boring. You weren't gonna call her something embarrassing or weird, because she might hate you in later life for kids at school making fun of her name. You thought of a beautiful name with meaning and passion, and once you informed Mike about it, he couldn't agree more, and he absolutely adored it.

Your daughter was now 3 months old, and if you were going to be honest, she was a little angel. She was adorable too. She barely ever cries, she's barely needy, and she pretty much sleeps all the time. You thought she was going to be the total opposite, but you thanked your lucky stars that she isn't. She has basic baby necessities: yearning love and affection, food and hydration, diaper changes, and sleep.

The only time she ever did something wrong was when she bit Mike's nose. She didn't even have fully grown teeth yet, so it didn't hurt him, but watching the scene was absolutely hilarious to you.

You had gushed to Sophie how brilliant your daughter is, and your friend was begging you for her to meet her. You eventually came up with a proposal. You and Mike had wanted to go out on a date for a while, and now seemed the perfect opportunity to get Sophie to babysit. You were quite hesitant, as Sophie could be quite overbearing, and you didn't know what she was like with kids. But she was the only option you had, plus she's a literal nurse, so she can't be terrible.

You and your husband were currently getting ready for your date, awaiting on Sophie's arrival. As you looped your favourite earrings through your ear lobes, you saw Mike admiring you from the corner of your eye. You turned to look at him, a smirk on your face. "Take a picture, it'll last longer"

He chuckled. "Can't help it. Your absolutely breathtaking". You playfully rolled your eyes, but you walked over to him and gave him a sweet kiss. He immediately welcomed it, snaking his arms around your waist.

Your moment was interrupted by your doorbell ringing. You hesitantly pulled away, giving him one last peck, before rushing off to go answer the door.

Swinging the door open, you met eyes with Sophie. "Hey girlfriendddd!" she said excitedly.

"Soph! Right on time" you smiled. You let her in, and closed the door behind her. She immediately embraced you in a hug.

"Eeek! I'm so excited!" she pulled away and admired your outfit. "You look fabulous"

You wore a body-con black dress, hugging your body in all the right places, with mesh sleeves. Your hair was kept down, your silky tresses shining in the sunset that made you look heavenly. You wore black clover strapped-heels, your wrists were adorned with beautiful silver bracelets, the interlinked necklace Mike got you for your birthday hung around your neck resting on your collarbone, and your wedding ring fitted perfectly on your finger. You really were a sight to see.

You flipped your hair over your shoulder playfully at her compliment.

"Where is the little angel?" she asked happily.

You jerked your head to the side, gesturing for her to follow, and she did so. You led her to your daughter's room, and you literally saw Sophie's heart melt at the adorable little room.

"She's sleeping right now" you whispered as you neared her cot. As soon as Sophie laid eyes on her, she put a hand to her heart and mouthed "awhhh" as she looked at your daughters peacefully sleeping form.