𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

WARNING: brain rotting fluff ahead.

———————————

Mike couldn't have been more happier that you were pregnant.

When you broke the news to him, you felt your heart drop when you saw his blank expression. He looked almost disappointed, but then his face lit up and he smothered you in tons of kisses, saying "I'm gonna be a dad!"

You were overjoyed at Mike's reaction. And at the whole situation. You were having a kid. With Mike. The thought made you all giddy inside.

Some months had passed since then, your bump growing larger. On Christmas you felt your first ever kick, and you literally squealed with joy. A few days later, you went to the hospital to reveal the gender.

You laid in the hospital bed, Mike sat next to you, holding your hand with both of his. You wanted a girl, and obviously he wanted a boy. He got all excited at the thought of two of him running around the house. You shuddered (exaggeratedly) at the thought.

If it was a girl, you would pick the name, and if it was a boy, he would pick it. There had been times he'd pace around the house, thinking of a perfect name. You can remember it clearly. "Billy! No, Joe! No no, that's not right" he chewed his nails in thought. "I got it! Jack!" Even after that, he never settled on Jack, and continued pacing. He came back to you earlier that evening. "I have the perfect name" he said softly. You felt your heart swell up as the name "Evan" left his lips. That was the name of his little brother. "It's perfect, babe" you said.

If it was a girl, you actually haven't thought much about her name. You were gonna think about it internally, instead of announcing your ideas to the whole world, unlike Mike.

The doctor strolled into the room, a clipboard in his hand. "So, I have the results" he stated. You and Mike sat further up in your seats, both of you waiting in anticipation. The doctor looked between the two of you with a blank look for extra suspense, before he broke into a smile. "It's a girl!" he said cheerily.

"Yessss!" you cheered victoriously. You turned your head to Mike, and grinned cheekily. He rolled his eyes playfully, then his lips formed into a smile. "I'm still completely okay with that..I guess" he tutted playfully. You shoved his shoulder, making him chuckle.

A few days later, it was now New Year's Eve. Mike insisted taking you out, he said he wanted to make this day super special and important for you, aside from the fact it would be the new year in some hours time.

First he took you to a fancy and delicious restaurant, as if it was your "last meal of 2014". That's literally how he put it, but it was one of the best meals you had, and definitely filled you up. He then took you around into the big city of Las Vegas, mainly in The Strip. You walked passed the Eiffel Tower, and it was all lit up, it was beautiful.

It was around 7pm, and it was already pitch black. The large skyscrapers, retail stores, and busy traffic illuminating the whole city.

He took you into some retail stores, and anything you wanted he insisted on paying for it. Or if he noticed you eyeing something but you refuse to ask because you felt guilty, he would literally straight up buy it for you, no matter how expensive it was.

You were walking down a street, hand in hand, the bustling road just next to you, until you noticed something that literally made you stop in your tracks. Mike stopped with you. "You okay babe?" he asked furrowing his brows, yet you stared at something in the distance. He tried following your gaze, but never caught sight of anything.

"Holy fucking shit" your shocked look turned into a smile of disbelief, as you quickly headed over to something, Mike trailing behind you, confused out of his mind. You then stopped in front of a wall, gazing at whatever was on it. Mike nearly ran into you as you stopped so abruptly. "What are you.." he trailed off as he finally realised what you were gawking at, and his mouth dropped open.