𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

It was currently 12 in the afternoon, and you had only just woken up.

Aside from having to get up early for work, you had a habit on spending the first part of the afternoon still asleep soundly in your bed. You loved your sleep, after all.

You yawned, stretching your arms over your head. Today was your day off work, and you couldn't be more grateful, as it's been stressing you out so much this week. Not Mike though, he was at work, and won't be coming back until 5pm. Y/N was at school until 3:30pm as well, so you had the house all to yourself.

To make things better, you had no paperwork or assignments to do today, so you could quite literally just watch TV all day while binging on your favourite snacks. Your upmost favourite thing to do ever.

Once you finally came around, fully waking up with a nice coffee, you made yourself some pancakes. And God could you make those pancakes. You were the chef in the house, obviously, as Mike couldn't cook if his life depended on it. Luckily, you have always been the pro.

After making the pancakes, you quickly scoffed them down, as you were starving. Even after having 5 pancakes, you were still hungry, so you did the thing you were the best at doing. Raiding the fridge.

You looked at the full fridge, and eyed the cookie-dough ice cream that had "Mike" written on in big black lettering. He and Y/N had started doing that as you tend to tend to eat whatever you fancy, even if it was yours or not. But, just because they wrote their name on there, wasn't gonna stop you from devouring it.

You smirked as you grabbed the ice cream, then closed the fridge door. You grabbed a spoon, then flopped down on the couch. You flicked through Netflix, then turned on Fight Club. You remember watching in the cinemas when it first came out, and you loved it. Plus, Brad Pitt was totally gorgeous in it. Sorry Mike.

You were about halfway through the movie, and also halfway through the ice cream. Sorry Mike. You decided to not eat it all, otherwise he might be a teeny bit annoyed, so you put the lid back on and put it down.

Until, you got a call from Y/N's school. You stared at your ringing phone with furrowed brows, then you paused the movie, and hesitantly picked up. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mrs Schmidt?" a males voice spoke through the phone. "It certainly is" you said cautiously. Was Y/N in trouble?

"There has been an incident, involving your daughter, Y/N" he said, and your face instantly turned to look of concern. "She got into a fist fight with another student"

She what?

You clenched your jaw. "I'll be there in 5 minutes" you said through gritted teeth, then hung up before he had the chance to reply.

You raced to the school, and sharply pulled up in the parking lot, nearly crashing into a lamppost on your way. You clambered out, shutting the door, and made your way inside the school and to the principals office.

You figured something like this would happen eventually. Y/N was 14 now, and she's as badass as you, and you know she wouldn't take no shit from anyone. So if it seemed like you were angry, which you were, it would never have been at your daughter, as you would always have her back. You always told her to never start a fight, and you knew she wouldn't have, so you were angry at the other child involved. You hoped Y/N wasn't hurt too badly, otherwise you would've swung fists.

You located the principals office, and barged in. The principal was sat behind his desk, Y/N sat on the other side, arms folded, gaze at the floor. You sat on the empty chair next to Y/N. You grabbed her hand gently, making her turn her head in your direction, but her eyes still didn't meet yours. You inspected her face, and she didn't look hurt at all. There was a small scratch under her eye, but that was it. You kept your hand in hers, and rubbed your thumb on the back of her hand soothingly.