𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

(grab your tissues y'all)

Mike has been off.

For about a week now.

You were both 100% comfortable with each other, and you tell each other everything, so you didn't understand what was up with him.

He was a lot more quiet, you've barely seen him smile all week, or crack one of his infamous jokes. He was also strangely protective over you. When you were both sleeping in your shared bed, he'd cling to you as if you were gonna slip away from him, or as if someone was gonna take you in the night.

You've reminded him so much that you were always here for him, you sounded like a broken record. You didn't want to pressure him into telling you, but you still wanted to know, because he was your boyfriend and you wanted to help him through whatever was going on.

There was this one point through the week that made your heart break.

You had come back home from picking up some groceries, and you couldn't find Mike. You set the bag on the counter, calling "I'm
back babe" No response.

You peered into the living room, no sight of him there. Until you looked into your bedroom. He was sat on the end of the bed, back facing you. It looked like he had his head in his hands.

He seemed to have not heard you come in, as he stayed in that position. You neared him slowly.

"Mike?" you called softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. He jerked his head around, suddenly grabbing your jacket, as if instinctively, as if you were a stranger breaking in or something. You put your hands up quickly, showing you meant no harm. He had a look of anger playing on his face, but immediately relaxed when he saw it was you.

He stared at his hand clutching your jacket, then he let go, as if realising what he had just done. He looked so ashamed.

He sniffed, and looked down at the floor "I'm so sorry babe" he mumbled, putting his face in his hands again, and you were shocked when he broke down. You quickly sat down next to him and pulled him gently into your chest. You rubbed his back comfortingly, whispering "It's okay, i'm here"

You had no idea what was going on with him.

Seeing him like this tore you apart.

———————————

It was midnight.

You and Mike were both laying in your shared bed. He was breathing softly on your neck, in a deep slumber, still gripping tightly onto your waist. You on the other hand, you couldn't get a wink of sleep.

You couldn't stop thinking about Mike and what he was going through. You were racking your brain, trying to find any ounce of a memory where you could've done something wrong to make Mike this way.

You wished he would speak to you about this, but every time you asked he would respond with "I'm fine" or "Don't worry about me" even though worrying about him was all you could do. And every time you asked, you couldn't help but feel you were nagging him for an answer.

Your thoughts were interrupted as Mike shot up in bed, panting heavily. You turned to him quickly, and sat up beside him. He had formed a sweat, and was looking straight ahead of him, eyes wide. Your face softened as you rubbed his back. "It's okay, it's okay" you whispered.

"Mike" you said gently. He was still panting and looking straight ahead. You rubbed his back for a few more moments, as he calmed down, and finally turned to look at you.

"Are you gonna tell me what's going on with you?" you questioned softly. He exhaled "I'm sorry for worrying you so much, it's just.." he trailed off.

You moved your hand from his back to his hand, and held it. He hesitated "I've been having these, uh..nightmares. Horrible nightmares"

"Awh, i'm so sorry" you ran your thumb over the back of his hand. "About you" he blurted out. You raised your brows slightly.

"Well, n-not about you, but something involving you" he explained, voice shaky. He now refused to meet your eyes. "You can tell me babe" you confirmed.

He took a deep breath in, then exhaled deeply. "It was about my father. In the nightmares, he always did something horrible to you. And I couldn't do anything. I was frozen" his eyes became glossy.

Your heart broke at the sight of him. You felt so much love for him and it hurt to see him like this. "Mike, babe, you could've told me about this" you hummed, turning his face so he could look at you. "I know, I know, it's just.." he shook his head "It scared me so much"

You gently pulled him towards you, embracing him in a hug. "I'm always gonna be here for you, no matter what" you stated.

"Because I love you"

He sniffed, letting a tear fall down his face, and squeezed you tight. "I love you too" he croaked.

About 10 minutes had passed, and you were both laid back down again. He laid on your chest, listening to your heart beat as you combed your fingers through his hair. You looked down, to see he had drifted off.

Proceeding to run your fingers through his dark tresses, you eventually let sleep take over your body, the feeling of his warm breath tickling your chest.

————————————
A/N

i'm sobbing i love him so much

a bit of an emotional bonus chapter, but it turned out wholesome ☺️

anybody have any ideas for upcoming bonus chapters?? it could be about ANYTHING

also, new book published! the main character is actually Y/N and Mike's daughter in the future 😏

that's all for now!
-ava<3