𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

The time was 9:46pm. You were supposed to have arrived at your destination about an hour ago, but you zoned out and took a wrong turn, and only noticed about 10 minutes later.

To make things better, your sat-nav was glitching and you didn't even know if it was even taking you the right way. You eventually resolved to Google Maps on your phone, luckily you now only have about 30 minutes until your destination.

You pulled out a Lana Del Rey: Born to Die CD that you bought a while ago, a singer that you have grown quite fond of, and slid it into the player.

You were driving down a dark, spooky road. The only thing lighting your way were your headlights. You were surrounded by grass, barely a tree in sight. Well, aside from the fact it was pitch black and you couldn't see anything apart from the road in front of you.

It felt like one of those moments where a homeless-looking person would just appear in the middle of the road, making you swerve to the side and crash into a tree that also popped out of nowhere.

Or where a deer would run into the road, your tyre only just skimming it's hoof as it ran by in the blink of an eye.

Ride started playing, Lana's smooth voice singing softly through the speakers, her voice enchanting your ears, as you bopped your head gently to the beat.

You absolutely adored music, ever since you were a little kid. No matter what song it was, you would always hum along or bop your head. The tune and the beat was always so addicting. Music was like therapy for you, for your mind, solving all your problems.

Lost in your own thoughts, you didn't notice the strange object that you were about to crash into, that just appeared out of nowhere. You gasped as you swerved out of the way, breaking harshly. You would've went flying forward if you didn't have your seatbelt strapped to you.

Jinxed it.

From the blur you saw, you would've said it was a person. No. You were lying to yourself there. More like an..

Animatronic, vomit coloured, rabbit?

Impossible.

Could it?

You were now only 15 minutes away from your destination, it could be possible he ran away.

You checked your wing mirror, and the figure was still stood there. It definitely was Afton in the rotting, animatronic suit, like you remember from all the countless nightmares you had. You only saw the back of his head though, but you knew it was him.

He seemed to have been leaking or something, because there was a black trail of liquid behind him, currently dripping from the tip of his rotting finger. Or was it red? You couldn't tell.

Then, it's animatronic head turned 180 degrees, looking dead at you through the mirror.

You gasped, louder then you expected, slapping a hand over your mouth. Then snatched it away quickly, furrowing your brows.

"You know what, fuck this" you muttered. You grabbed the pistol from the back seat. Pushing the car door open, you clambered out quickly, holding the pistol firmly in your right hand.

"I'm ready for you this time, fucker" you spat, slamming the door firmly.

But when you turned around to face where he stood, he was gone. You furrowed your brows in confusion.

You walked over and stood in the exact place he was stood at, looking around in the pitch blackness around you. Nothing in sight.

You looked on the road, and there was no longer a trail of black (or red) liquid. If he had ran off, there would of been another trail, leading to where he had gone, but that wasn't anywhere in sight either.

Had you imagined it? Was it a hallucination?

You have been having all these nightmares.

Maybe it's a sign that he's nearby, or your destination is nearby, or..danger is nearby.

You let out a shaky breath, looking around one more time. Yep. You imagined it.

Gulping, you turned and headed back to your car. Swinging the door open and sitting back in the drivers seat, you tossed the pistol back in the backseat.

You ran your fingers through your hair, tugging gently on the strands to relieve a bit of stress. You sighed loudly, as you turned the key in the ignition, and turning your car back on the road.

As you were driving, you were thinking about how to take him down. If he survived a springlock attack, which is near to impossible, what will kill him?

Chop his head off? Rip his heart out? (doubtful he has one of those) Electrocute him? Set him on fire?

You were also thinking — Why hadn't he escaped the "Horror Attraction" yet? Sure, he's a psycho, but would he really wanna scare people for a living? Maybe he's kept there against his will. Locked in, maybe?

Suddenly, the road you were driving on turned off into a small neighbourhood, and Google Maps was telling you to take that turn, so you did so.

Street lights gracefully appeared, lighting even further up the road for you. You observed the neighbourhood. It looked desolate, and like there was hardly anybody living in the houses.

You drove past a store, called the Mini Mart to be specific, that was still open, but it was empty. It hardly looked like there was anything on the aisles either, and the shopkeeper was sat behind the register, mindlessly scrolling on his phone like a zombie.

Focussing back on the road, you noticed the road split into two. Google Maps told you to turn left, so you did so.

After a few more turns and driving along long roads,

You had arrived.

—————————————-
A/N

omg another chapter? what's going on?!

i'm so excited to write this tbh.

don't forget to vote!
-ava<3